[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steve Albini on "/mu/core"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: stevealbini1.l.jpg (63 KB, 465x700) Image search: [Google]
stevealbini1.l.jpg
63 KB, 465x700
/MU/ BTFO

The 4chan music board "/mu/" needs to stop usage of the word "/mu/core". By calling music as big, innovative, and influential as Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective, Radiohead, and countless others "/mu/core" they are implying that this music is defined by the fact that it is frequently discussed on /mu/, the music board on the esoteric otaku website 4chan. That is how the English language works. In reality, the opposite is true. /mu/ is defined by the presence of these artists being discussed. In a way, you can say /mu/ is a Neutral Milk Hotel-core board. Of course, there are artists who are only popular on /mu/ and not outside of /mu/, mainly because of viral marketing, such as Have A Nice Life, Giles Cory, The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, Crywank, Dads, Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museam, and plenty of others, but that's for a different discussion. To expand on this idea further, let's apply this logic to real life scenarios. If my friend, let's say his name is Jacob, likes a band, let's say Radiohead, I say "My friend Jacob really likes Radiohead". I don't say "Radiohead are a total Jacob band". If anything, I say the opposite, by saying "Jacob is a total Radiohead guy". Because, you see, Radiohead are much larger than Jacob. The same should apply to /mu/ as it does to Jacob. It's foolish and possibly autistic to think bands /mu/ likes are "/mu/core" when /mu/ is a music board on an esoteric otaku website. What's ironic is that /mu/ often accuses Reddit, /v/ and /a/ of autism. Nobody on Reddit calls Queen "Reddit-core", nobody on /v/ calls Deus Ex and Morrowind "/v/ideo games", and nobody on /a/ calls Evangelion or K-ON "/a/nime". This behavior is exclusive to /mu/. To put it simply, if you use the word "/mu/core", you either don't know the basics of the English language or how it works, are delusional, or have autism.
-Steve Albini
>>
He didn't say that
>>
What is Steve Albini's best piece of work and why is it In Utero?
>>
I wonder if Steve Albini has ever seen K-ON?
>>
>best steve comin through
>>
>>65281656
That rant was more autistic than /mu/ kekekek
>>
>>65281679
no fucking shit
>>
File: Steve Albini.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Steve Albini.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
Do you think Steve browses here? I know he has the Electrical Audio forums, but I imagine that has a lot of crossover with here.
>>
Reminder that he doesn't even have the attention span to appreciate jazz.
>>
I've definitely had some variation of this thought about the term /mu/core before.
>>
>>65281656
0/10
>>
I feel like Steve Albini doesn't really care enough about those bands to write a rant about them.
>>
>implying Steve Albini likes Animal Collective and Radiohead
>>
>>65283480
I agree
>>
>>65281656
But /mu/ core isn't any one of those bands, it's all of them together. If someone said those all were their favorite bands then you could respnd,"you might as well be on /mu/ because they love them too"
>>
>>65283850
Yeah to me /mu/core means right up /mu/'s alley for one reason or another.

That being said it's still pretty fucking stupid, most people spouting that shit are underage normiememe faggots from reddit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.