[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is she the bjork of our generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: Ccag-v1WAAAowON.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Ccag-v1WAAAowON.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
is she the bjork of our generation?
>>
bjork is the bjork of our generation.
>>
>she
>>
>she
>>
>>65277839
ITT: cis-scum.
>>
joanna newsom is the kate bush of our generation, bjork is just a quirky hack
>>
>>65277839
>she
memes aside, the "X of our generation" idea is unpractical; you can't push the same boundaries twice. there is no second elvis, second beatles, second brian wilson, etc. as such, bjork is the bjork of our generation
>>
>>65277863
isn't she a woman? am i missing something?
>>
>she
>implying women make music this good
>>
He'll be remembered as a talentless shameless shill that enjoyed playing dress up.
>>
>>65277903
ha
hahahaha
so fucking funny
>>
Would you suck her penis while some slowed down pop music from your mother's music collection plays, /mu/?
>>
File: 1463676429951.jpg (25 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463676429951.jpg
25 KB, 480x480
>>65277934
>>
>>65277934
this, Floral Shoppe was such trash it only gained attention because of viral marketing, same story with that hack Will Toledo
>>
>>65277839
>she
>>
>>65277839
not comparable

also >>65277854
>>
tits with timestamp?
>>
>>65277926
wrong you can draw parallels.

DG is the Led Zeppeling of our generation, revolutionizing black music by making a louder version of it with a god like drumming, massive riffs and polarizing (like or hate) idiosyncratic vocalist, not to mention arcane mysticism and a tightly controlled public image.
>>
>>65278976
Shut the fuck up you mong.
>>
>>65279004
I'm not wrong though.

it's a valid way to analyze history. it's never completely the same but it's useful.
>>
>>65278976
where the album sales? where are the filled stadium gigs?
Face it, it's pointless to make this arguments. Those times are gone and today's music has changed completely.
>>
>>65277932
he/she's a transgender
>>
>>65279072
Comparing Zeppelin to Death Grips is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this board.
>>
File: 1455797790743.gif (716 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455797790743.gif
716 KB, 500x500
>>65277839
>she
>>
>>65277934
>vaporwave
>good
>>
>>65279077
don't be asinine. it's not gonna be exactly the same. Besides those gigs didn't happen cause they didn't want them. they dropped the biggest tour they had.

>>65279105
why? explain how my points are wrong? they did to hip hop what LZ did to blues music.

You can even draw parallels in their album trajectory. ExMil leans heavily on samples the same way that LZ 1 plagiarizes other people's material. GP is their acoustic album that opens with a massive banger and shrieking vocals (immigrant song) 'acoustic' meaning for DG is the techno shit just like LZ had folk music. They have the massive double album and shit with progressive tracks on it. The parallels are so obvious the band is more likely than not completely aware of all this. They are in Jimmy Page's castle for a reason bro.
>>
>>65277839
who's that guy?
>>
>>65279274
Jfc shut up, kid.
>ExMil leans heavily on samples the same way that LZ 1 plagiarizes other people's material.
Sampling is completely different than writing rip-off songs that you claim are your own.
>GP is their acoustic album that opens with a massive banger and shrieking vocals (immigrant song) 'acoustic' meaning for DG is the techno shit just like LZ had folk music
What a fucking retarded analogy.
>They have the massive double album and shit with progressive tracks on it.
Yeah, because they're the only two bands to do this...
>>
>>65279390
>Sampling is completely different than writing rip-off songs that you claim are your own.
it's not really different at all. LZ reworked all the songs they stole just like DG reworked the samples.

you are really just retarded but it's ok I'm completely used to people being too stupid to realize what is obvious. Like I said, the band is more than likely completely aware of the parallels. Anyone with and understanding of music history and capable of analogous thinking can understand this.
>>
>>65277839
>she
>>
>>65279298
it's a girl
>>
>>65279466
>it's not really different at all. LZ reworked all the songs they stole just like DG reworked the samples.
How fucking dense are you? How can you even post dumb shit like this? This must be troll.
>>
File: vektroid.jpg (22 KB, 275x240) Image search: [Google]
vektroid.jpg
22 KB, 275x240
how is she not a girl
>>
>>65277863
>>65277878
>>65277941
>>65279100

Mac+ if more a bae than anyone you NEETs will ever hook up with. Your phobia screams your personal inadequacies so hard it's not even funny...

I'm not even white-knighting. Mac+ isn't even that good. It's shrill art that's more interesting in theory than it is on any practical level. That's how you know I'm telling the truth. Sorry guys.
>>
>>65277839

Name of the artist???
>>
>>65277904
Kill you are selve.
>>
>>65279643
>Mac+ if more a bae than anyone you NEETs will ever hook up with.
Yeah, except they don't have dicks and play make believe.
>>
>>65279542
LZ takes a chord progression, changed the rhythm behind it and changed the vocals, often embellished the melody and added brand new solos, DG takes a recording of a chord progression and changes the rhythm behind it and the vocals and adds original electronic sounds.

You are a fucking dumbass. It's a complete parallel, their first album relies on un original material.

Death heated, spread eagle, etc use samples as integral parts of the song. there's a reason they haven't done anything like ExMil since then, because they know it's know it's reliant on plunderphonics in a way that they don't need to be.

Look man, I'm sorry you are a retard who can't understand metaphors and doesn't see anything past their literal reality. People like you are painfully common and it's dull af.
>>
>>65279701
>don't play make believe
Enjoy your exhilarating vanilla life.
>>
>>65279664
Vektroid
>>
>>65279758
>>65279643
>being this angry
>>
>>65279715
Yawn.

You can cherry-pick your loose "connections" all you want and keep talking straight out of your asshole, but it doesn't make anything you're saying any less ridiculous.
>>
>>65277839
>the
>>
>>65279812
speak for yourself
>>
>>65279822
nothing is cherry picked there's multiple fucking parallels I haven't even gone into detail because Ive had this argument before and realized people here aren't intelligent enough to understand it even if they did know music history which they don't.
>>
>>65279877
Lol. I can see you're, without even kidding, autistic as well as being full out shit.

>Ive had this argument before and realized people here aren't intelligent enough to understand it even if they did know music history which they don't.
That's because you're wrong, sport. The fact that you've had this argument before and (mostly likely) been proven wrong before, yet you continue to try to force people into agreeing with you shows some kind of mental illness. The fact that you spent this much time even thinking about it shows you need to be medicated.
>>
>>65279643
uhh i'm the 4th person you tagged and all i did was point out he/she is a transgender
im not even a NEET and ive hooked up with cuter girls before to be honest
>>
>>65280070
what have you proven wrong in any way?

>>65278976
>revolutionizing black music by making a louder version of it with a god like drumming, massive riffs and polarizing (like or hate) idiosyncratic vocalist, not to mention arcane mysticism and a tightly controlled public image.
how is any of this not a parallel? Do you think it's wrong because DG isn't Jimmy Page in a mask? what do you expect? do you know how an analogy works or what parallel means?

name a single other group that has made a louder version of hip hop and also has the riffs, the drummer, exceptional vocalist, the supernatural elements and mysterious image. If you could point to a bunch of other examples of people changing hip hop music in this way then you would actually be arguing something. if anything you are the one cherry picking here by pointing out sampling isn't technically using other people's writing in exactly the same way as if that's relevant and not already know.

You are a retard you have done nothing to refute anything.
>>
>>65280178
That's fine. I wasn't really targeting you. But since you brought it up, getting defensive doesn't really help your case.
>>
>>65280183
You got b8ed hard, son
>>
File: mentally_ill_vaperwave_male.gif (188 KB, 666x898) Image search: [Google]
mentally_ill_vaperwave_male.gif
188 KB, 666x898
>>65277839
>>
>>65280392
yeah right. Like I said, ive had this argument before. People don't need to pretend, they are actually as retarded as that.

I'll drop it anyway more vapor memes please>>65280393
>>
>>65277839
yes
>>
>>65279105
SERIOUSLY
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.