[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I see GY!BE live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: black-emporor.jpg (465 KB, 1980x1200) Image search: [Google]
black-emporor.jpg
465 KB, 1980x1200
What are Godspeed like live? Do they play songs off older albums? Are they good live?
>>
>>65274271

Mostly is just efrim wanking on guitar while he has the whole band on backing tracks.

its ok
>>
>>65274348
would they play songs off of LYSF?
>>
>>65274271
Pretty great live. They played a good mix from all their albums when I saw them. They play for way too long though. By the end of it it got kinda boring.
>>
>>65274271
Fantastic live, they will always play at least one "classic" at a show, they played Moya when I saw them.
>>
>>65274271
the show was great when I saw them. But I was more impressed with the projectionist who was putting on a really interesting show in the background of the band.
>>
>>65274389

>they

its only efrim
>>
>>65274396
Nigga they play for like 90 minutes, stop being a pleb.
>>
>>65274412
fuck off, their is always 6+ musicians. they"re a collective.
>>
>>65274412
what do you mean?
>>
>>65274433

yeah back in early 2000s
everything now is only one guy
>>
>>65274418
Wayyyyy too long.

No band should play longer than a half hour
>>
>>65274456
nop. wtf you on?
>>
>>65274486

you are wrong, check how it is now! its been like this for a year now.
>>
>>65274532
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCEsL9wX-uQ
fuck off
>>
>>65274584

obviously it was a special reunion show
get your facts straight dude
>>
>>65274418
When I saw them it was over 2 hours.
>>
>>65274348
>>65274389
He is lying. Its the full band and it's Awesome. They play everything. I saw them a few months ago. They played storm, east hastings, New album, some other stuff and even some new songs
>>
File: 1437795719765.jpg (70 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1437795719765.jpg
70 KB, 431x450
>>65274532
What? I saw them in November and it was fucking fantastic. Nah man I'm sure they had the 2 drummers and the violinist on backing tracks...
>>
>>65274724

They do have it because only efrim is performing
>>
Go
You will not regret it
>>
They are fantastic live. since they have 8 members the songs really have this massive cacauphanous feel that is much more full than on record, and the film projections in the background really give the songs a new dimension. They play a lot of newer stuff but also played "Moya" when I saw them.
>>
They are a great band to see live. I've watched them twice live. The first time it was perfect because it was in a very small venue, there were 600 people at best, very dark. They are very loud live which in a venue like that, it became an amazing experience.
The second time i watched them, was at a music festival, on the smallest stage. This time i simply did what i always do when listening to Godspeed. I went further away from the stage, lied down, smoked a joint and closed my eyes just listening to the music.
On both occasions they never played anything from Infinity or Yanqui. On the first gig they played Moya and the first half of Sleep.
On the 2nd time i watched them they only played Moya from their older stuff.
Which it was a petty because i really wanted to listen more of their older stuff.
Still i reccomend watching them performing live.
>>
>>65274404
this.
The projectionist was incredible on this last tour.
>>
>>65274271
No. I love them but regret seeing them
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.