[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like Ayreon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ayreon-4ddb8ccdd49e2.jpg (540 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ayreon-4ddb8ccdd49e2.jpg
540 KB, 1920x1080
Does /mu/ like Ayreon?
>>
Yes. Didn't like The Theory of Everything though.
>>
>>65271157
I like Stream of Passion, Ambeon and The Gentle Storm, but can't abide any of his solo stuff. When TGS play tracks from his Ayreon works live I completely switch off.
>>
>>65271188
Have you listened to Guilt Machine?
>>
>>65271175
B-but that's my favorite one

>>65271188
Unusual opinion. I never listened to any of his other projects, which record do you rec? As much as I love Anneke, I hated The Gentle Storm
>>
>>65271228
can barely get through a whole song, let alone an album, tried a few albums, especially as AVG has sung with him, but can't say what songs I have and haven't heard. I don't really like prog.
>>
>>65271232
>I never listened to any of his other projects, which record do you rec?
Not him but listen to Guilt Machine. It only has one album but it's pretty good.
>>
>>65271232
The Gentle Storm is far from being the best thing Anneke's ever done, but I still really liked it. Heart of Amsterdam, Shores of India, Endless Sea, The Storm and Cape of Storms were all good, and the duet she does with Marcela live on Brightest Light is nice. The Moment is great up until the part where Arjen starts playing pompous shit at the end though.

Stream of Passion kicks ass, one of the best live bands I've seen, regardless of genre, gutted they're spliting up, but gonna catch them three more times this year, London, Amsterdam and Utrecht. I'd give them a go, start at the new album, then try Passion, Out in the Real World, Collide and This Endless Night as individual songs.
>>
>>65271243
Ah, didn't know it was just another project, thought he was referring to a song, no I haven't. He collaborated with Voiciano as well, and Arjen's vocals on Temporary by Amadeus Awad are fantastic, Anneke also sings on most of the tracks on the "death is just a feeling album"
>>
>>65271277
downloading it right now. arjen really does have a nice touch when it comes to production and songwriting in general.
I assume he sounds cheesy sometimes, but I see no problem. 'Out In The Real World' is beautiful, thanks
>>
>>65271388
to be fair he left the band after the first album (which has great songs and filler songs) and they've moved from strength to strength since. Honestly sucks they're spliitng up, getting a tattoo of some of the lyrics as it happens.
>>
>>65271427
oh I see, checking them anyway. I wasn't expecting finding someone on /mu/ to talk about female fronted metal.
mind to tell me which phrase are you getting for you tattoo? I'm curious
>>
>>65271277
What's some essential Anneke? I've only listened to Gentle Storm and Epicloud/Retinal Circus.
>>
File: emotions.jpg (124 KB, 1185x745) Image search: [Google]
emotions.jpg
124 KB, 1185x745
>>65271470
love female fronted metal. Got a the gathering tattoo, and the tree from the third and the mortal's first album (though it was a shitty job and needs fixing) too

I wanted the line "emotions fade into music" Always liked it. When Marcela said she was doing crowdfunding for her solo album including hand written lyrics it gave me the idea to ask her to do a design for me, she did this. I'm skint at the moment, but going to get it after the summer most likely.
>>
>>65271555
The Gathering is my favourite band of all time. If you want metal start with Mandylion, if you want more prog rock try How to Measure a Planet?, trip-rock Souvenirs, more emotional atmospheric rock try Home.

Of her solo stuff, the first one Air is quite emotional stripped down soft mostly acoustic rock, In Your Room is a ridiculously fun mostly acoustic pop-rock album, and Everything is Changing and Drive are a bit heavier with Devin influence after she worked with him, and mostly just cheesy fun euro pop-rock.

Her songs with Amadeus Awad on Death is Just a Feeling (especially Lonesome Clown) are essential too. And if you don't have Devin's Addicted yet then get on it.
>>
>>65271555
>pop rock, easy listening (addicting, catchy, beautiful, freaking awesome vocals)
Anneke solo - Drive
>The Gathering (gothic metal)
Mandylion
>The Gathering (trip hop, artsy rock)
Home
Souvenirs

Daily reminder her features on Ayreon's 01011001 is good aswell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JS2enuIYI4
>>
>>65271576
nice thing, anon. the gathering is awesome, isn't it? even when anneke has left the band, I still love their music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m-zhD8Qh9w

I'll eventually get a music tattoo aswell, even though I'm not sure what to do exactly. probably anathema related
>>
>tattoos

Degeneracy.
>>
>>65271706
I heard Mandylion first and then the next one was the west pole back in 2009, love all their stuff regardless of singer (though Neils on Almost a dance is godawful) Only got to see them twice, went to both of the 25th anniversary shows in Holland, exceptionally good. Lost count of how many times I've seen Anneke though, but not with Devin yet.

Never come across people on /mu/ who know them, most only know of Anneke as the one who sings with Devin.

An Anathema tattoo would be cool. I got to see their retrospect or whatever it was called tour last year, where they started off with the new album and moved backwards through their discography. That was wicked, seen them four times I think now?
>>65271760
oh, sod off.
>>
>>65271157
I wish more people would make concept albums like Ayreon does.

I like that fantasy feel I get from his albums and scripts/dialogues are superb.
>>
Senpai
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.