[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Seer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
Thoughts?
>>
AOTY

what else?
>>
Grossly overhyped band that I'm glad is finally going to fuck off back where they came from after this latest album comes out.
>>
It was meh, I enjoyed TBK a lot more. I need today give this another listen or two though
>>
best swans album
>>
>>65271246
I need to*
>>
Interesting.

I'm new to Swans, waiting for this album to arrive.

I've only heard Filth and Beautiful Child. What should I expect?
>>
>>65271655
something completely different
>>
File: 6s57d68f.jpg (727 KB, 2437x1448) Image search: [Google]
6s57d68f.jpg
727 KB, 2437x1448
>>65271655
>>
>>65271762
Oh, so I'm way off. Thanks.

>>65271699
Is it anything inaccessible?

If so, I'll probably listen to some other album while waiting for it to arrive.
>>
>>65271799
It has several tracks that can really get on your nerves if you are new to abrasive music, but it has plenty of quite lovely moments too. At first listen it can be quite scary even but after you get used to it you'll be dancing to its sick grooves like a madman (The Apostate is just fucking nuts).
>>
>>65270782
it's a masterpiece. say what you will about earlier swans, and TBK, but The Seer is objectively fantastic
>>
>>65270782
I honestly can't decide whether this or TBK is better. I love them both so much.
>>
I couldn't explain what's going on with this album. All their other albums I could but not this. Well, maybe not parts of SFTB.
>>
>>65271857
I think the most abrasive I'm into is Death Grips if that counts. I really like that sound.
>>
>>65272788
Swans abrasiveness is less in the pure agression and more in repetition and "slabs of sound"
>>
>>65272084
Same.
>>
>>65272882
This is true. Seer especially has some noise and drone that seems to run on forever until you process the big picture.

I personally enjoy the CD track list over the vinyl, depending on what you ordered, OP. I'd also highly suggest going out into the nature at night or at least turning off all the lights in your room for that first listen.
>>
>>65272926
CD tracklist is objectively better. Vinyl tracklisting is an abomination.
>>
>>65272926
I bought the 2 CD version.

I think maybe walking to the park at night sounds good. I'll slap it on my iPod with some really good headphones. Thanks.

I noticed in Filth there were a lot of repeating sounds, I'll see how that goes.
>>
>>65270782
The Seer>TBK
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.