[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been almost half a year.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Bowie2.jpg (29 KB, 658x659) Image search: [Google]
Bowie2.jpg
29 KB, 658x659
It's been almost half a year.
>>
Lana Del Rey knew
Tortoise knew
>>
i wish the album structure of Low & Heroes caught on. Having 1 side of pop songs and another half of ambient was ingenious
>>
>>65269775
As an avid Bowie fan... It always annoyed me how Secret Life of Arabia was on Side-B of Heroes. It's one of my favorite songs on the album but its placement just feels totally off.
>>
>>65269873

You will one day see that it's placement is a masterstroke.
>>
>>65269917
Hmmm do tell!
>>
>>65269728
Good Riddance
>>
>>65269775
the only album I can think of that has done that recently was NIN The Slip
>>
It's already been about 1/100th of the rest of your life
>>
File: 1433835821036.jpg (52 KB, 600x212) Image search: [Google]
1433835821036.jpg
52 KB, 600x212
>>65270489
>It's already been about 1/3 of the rest of your life
>>
>>65270549
No one will remember you at all 100 years after you die, and there will be an eternity of you not existing
>>
>>65270646
>No one will remember you at all 100 years after you die,
there's a greater chance of that now than there ever has been and will likely only continue to increase

I'm not asserting that has any inherent value but still
>>
>>65269775
Got the idea from Neu75 i'll bet
>>
>>65269775
Not quite ambient but Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction does this. The first half is catchy short pop songs but the second half is comprised of longer more progressive rock like songs
>>
post your top 10 /mu/

Rebel, Rebel
Speed of Life
I'm Afraid of Americans
Modern Love
Fall Dog Bombs the Moon
Looking for Water
Oh! You Pretty Things
She'll Drive the Big Car
Life on Mars?
Young Americans

runner ups: Heroes, TVC 15, Breaking Glass
>>
>>65270489
>dying at 70/80 in 2080/2090

pleb didn't even upload his consciousness to a hard drive to experience the torture of existence without the physical pleasure of sex and drugs.
>>
>>65270646
no one will remember humanity when the last human dies
>>
>>65270670
This. Literally every moment of our lives are documented by camera, video, or social media.
>>
>>65270843
what about doge
>>
>>65270952
i just realized that i only fall in love with girls who have depression. how do i stop doing that?
>>
Stop falling in love with children
>>
>>65271024
fair enough
>>
>>65269775
>>65269873
>>65269917
>>65269932
>>65270340
>>65270463
never seen this many rockists in one thread before
>>
How did one man make so many good songs, with so many different genres and art styles?

Honest question /mu/, does anyone believe there will be another musician in your lifetime who was so insanely creative and influential as him?
>>
>>65271965
He just went with whatever his writers and stylists told him to do.
>>
>>65271965
I don't think there will ever be another like Bowie. Prince may have been up there but alas, he died too and he didn't even come close to Bowie's legacy
>>
STARMAN is the greatest bowie song of all time mates
>>
>>65271965
not even close
we only have a finite amount of time before the earth dies, realistically it's probably not ever gonna happen again

do you ever think about how we were some of the only humans ever to share a place in time with David Bowie? like, out of the billions and billions of years of the universe's lifetime, such a minute fraction of those were years when Bowie was alive, and yet, if not seeing him live, we all at least got to see several albums by him get released for the first time. or even just existed at the same time as him. something that no other group of humans born 100 years from now or ever again will get to experience. or out of the past, either. we're part of the select few who will ever know what it meant to be alive at the same time as Bowie. man, what a fucking privilege.
>>
>>65269728
The only song I ever knew of his was that ground control to Major Tom one. Didn't really care much else for his other stuff, but it's mostly a generational thing. I doubt many late gen y through millennials are phased by his passing desu.
Just meme music from a smacked up coke addict.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.