[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>look at any hip hop video on youtube for a song that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
>look at any hip hop video on youtube for a song that's pre-2010
>"back when rap was good!"
Are they right?
>>
people fetishize the past
>>
kanye ruined rap
>>
desu
>>
Rap was never good
>>
>>65263824
this. SOOOO much this. One of the worst genres of music.
>>
rap was never good so no
>>
When people say "back when rap was good" what they actually mean is "back before I realized rap was a meme."
>>
>>65263824
/thread
I dig ATCQ tho
>>
>>65263543

More like pre 2000s

but basically yeah rap is for stupid people

even the conscious shit it like when they discovered values and idea you knew when you were like fucking 12 or something
>>
Absolutely not.

Because hip hop was never good.
>>
>>65263824
>>65264254
>>65264308
>>65264346
>>65264367
rockist scum
>>
>>65264381
not liking hip hop =/= rockist
>>
>>65264381
>only people who like rock think hip hop is shit

lol you poor kid
>>
>>65264381
Cuck
>>
>>65264381
It's true though. Hip Hop in general is basically the 80s buttrock of today.
>>
>>65264438
t. numale cuck
>>
Rap is good and always was good. Just like every genre; it's a bunch of trash with some serviceable bits and some diamonds sprinkled in.
>>
File: 220px-Bluexileflower.jpg (21 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bluexileflower.jpg
21 KB, 220x220
There are some really smart, immersive lyricists. like Lupe, Blu, Aesop, Homeboy Sandman, Milo, BLS, Pharoahe Monch, Skyzoo, Kendrick, Earl, Open Mike Eagle, Oddisee, Elzhi, Killer Mike, Natti... and on and on. I think those guys are great. True poetry, provoking some deep thoughts and sharing wisdoms. Thats the best part of hiphop. But except that? Musically inferior with a few exceptions like Kanye.

So, that kinda statement (like rap was better in the past) is just fucking invalid. FUCKING INVALID. Back then they were mostly talking about how 'smooth' they are (Big Daddy Kane), How bitches loves them (LOOK AT THE NAME OF LL COOL J. THE FUCK?) And such. So, some good lyrics and dramas were even less back then.

Hiphip was never good. But its getting a little bit better now.

...Fucking wiggers.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.