[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am honestly not trying to sound like a douche, but if you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (912 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
912 KB, 1400x1400
I am honestly not trying to sound like a douche, but if you have any ill feelings towards this album then I suggest listening to it high and then try to tell me that it's pseudo hipster pop garbage.
>>
if you have to listen to music high to appreciate it you are a loser
>>
DUDE
>>
>>65256340

yeah, you don't need weed to appreciate good music
>>
>>65256450
in fact, sometimes weed can make bad music appear better than it actually is
>>
>>65256493
like tame impala
>>
>>65256340
I'm pretty sure when that album dropped I was still smoking weed and I definitely didn't like it

If I smoked weed now I'd probably get really high seeing as I have no tolerance, and I'd probably still not like it
>>
>>65256524
>I'm pretty sure
you're not sure about something that happened a few months ago? fucking degenerate this is why you dont smoke weed kids, it kills brain cells
>>
Hell naw that album still sucks. Listen to T-Rex high
>>
>>65256639
>listening to dadrock high
so plebeian it hurts
>>
>>65256450
>>65256493
But smoking and listening is fun. What's the problem with that? It's just enjoying music based on a certain experience.

DJing middle school dances would be considered pretty boring, but when I do it drunk it's a blast. Why deprive yourself of a good time just because it's not "good" while you're sober?
>>
I concur this album does sound A LOT better when you're high

Some songs anyway
>>
>>65256600
that album did not leak a few months ago (I haven't smoked weed in months so if it did I wouldn't have been high) and why the fuck would I remember my first listen to an album as boring, middle of the road, and insubstantial as Currents
>>
The only thing that "sucks" about this album is the lyricism, which isn't a big deal because it's backed my catchy vocals and some of the best production in an album from this decade. Drugs or no drugs, it's a terrific gateway into psychedelic music that can be appreciated by hardcore music fans and casual listeners.
>>
>>65256732
not op's argument
>>
>>65256340
C'mon OP, you don't need to be high to appreciate this album, you're silly
>>
>>65256814
I'm not saying the album is good. I haven't even listened past the singles. I'm just an advocate for inebriation.
>>
>>65256861
I appreciated it long before any listen under the influence of drugs, but after listening to it in that state I found a new appreciation for it that (for me) increased the longevity of the album. I even love the interludes now when before I saw them as only filler tracks. Nangs is especially good if you're sitting in a car with a good sound system.
>>
>>65257080
your appreciation is fake bro its the drugs. the album is boring as fuck kevin parker should stick to psych rock and nor r&b pop music currents is probably his gayest sounding release its the nu male cuck anthem
>>
I finally figured out tame impala's appeal.

It's for boring adolescent stoners who think "woahh so trippy bro". I can see listening to this while high out of your mind off, hitting your vape pen between bong loads this would be cool. "It's like, a time machine bro. It's like if instagram were a band. It's like old...but new. WOahhhh tripppyyyyy"
>>
>>65256385
WEED
>>
>>65257195
InnerSpeaker is one of my favorite albums, but even I know that the band was in need of a new direction after Lonerism because anything else would have made their discog a little redundant imo. Currents fits perfectly into the new wave of psych r&b that has been so popular lately and I have hopes that the band will return to more of their traditional work at the right time and when they've found a way to make it different from their previous efforts.
>>
>>65257343
>the new wave of psych r&b that has been so popular lately
???
>>
>>65257305
But anon "they don't sound like the beatles at all!!!"

Even though you can see comparisons to the beatles literally anywhere on the internet, including here, where people at least kind of know about music enough to make that deduction.

Nothing triggers tame impala fans more than saying they sound like the Beatles.

Also, if you are making an argument for Tame Impala being a good band, would you reward someone for inventing a piece of shit plane 50 years after the wright brothers?
>>
>>65257335
LMAO
>>
>>65257360
Thundercat, UMO, Anderson .Paak just to name a few.
>>
This album is where Kevin sold out
>>
>>65256340
I did listen it high, thanks to my hipsters friends and it's very mediocre. If you think this synth wankery with cheesy echoing vocals is good maybe you should leave this board or try to find actualy good psychedelic music not this watered down garbage made to appeal the crowd
>>
>>65257486

Fairly sure he 'sold out' when he got his record deal at Modular. Being mastered at Sterling Sound is the worst thing about this music tho.
>>
>>65257452
we definitely need more vapid 80s revivalism especially from bland ass middle of the road bands like tame impala
>>
>>65256340
Taking drugs should never be a prerequesite.
It's just full of fillers and has only 2-3 good songs. Try comparing it to Innerspeaker or Lonerism and see that it's not so great
>>
>>65257770
palafags btfo forever
>>
>>65256340 i am starting to like it after blinding hating it
>>
>>65256340
CRINGE band
>>
lonerism is the sgt pepper of this generation

example:
(copy and paste into url, or skip to 0:48)

https://youtu.be/aGlpy5pgQW8?t=48s

the way he sings 'she', compared to the way kevin parker sings the line "soon i'll be alone" from this this song: (copy paste or skip to around 1:17)

https://youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=1m17s

also, in that same song keep on lying, the guitar riff here: (skip to 4:19 if embed)

https://youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=4m19s

reminds me of the opening riff on this beatles song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw

and the main guitar riff reminds me of the lick from day tripper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDm2soD0UFE

right around 2:15

https://youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=2m15s

one more thing, the guitar solo at 3:48 on Keep On Lying reminds me a lot of david gilmour's guitar noodling on the live version of saucerful of secrets around 1:55

https://youtu.be/gE5bD54-ewg?t=3m48s

https://youtu.be/SL68EXJEAPs?t=1m55s
>>
>>65258471
more like a shitty rehash
>>
>>65257934
What's the point of comparing shit with other shit?
>>
>>65256340
this fucking shitty band is the most cringe thing right now, second to 21 pilots.

the dude was trying to do a pop record and it was so shit, listen to the hook of "the moment" shit is so fucking lazy and boring.
>>
>>65257343
innerspeaker is such a terrible albums mate, LOOK MAN 60 AND 70 REVIVAL BUT REALLY MODERN AND MORE BORING!!"
>>
>>65256732
DJing a middle school dance wasted is a pretty grim situation my friend

>>65257247
Nah, I think that's more complex than most Tame Impala fans go. They just like the textures and melodies, even though they're not that great and frequently corny
>>
>>65256340
Yeah no shit drugs will make something sound better. But intrinsically it has nothing going for it.
>>
>>65257247
I don't think that's remotely how anyone listens to Tame Impala. I think it's just the textures/melodies.
>>
>>65258910
What the fuck? How can this be anywhere near as bad as 21 pilots? At worst, it's just kind of bland and forgettable.
>>
>>65259596
>>65259020
yeah you just said that thx though
>>
>>65256340
I have a much better time listening to Innerspeaker high.
>>
File: BobbyBaccalieri.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
BobbyBaccalieri.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
This is one of those records that mu bashes cause it's well made and undeniable. 2 things you guys hate. I think lonerism is better but I'd have to agree and say you deff don't need pot for this. Although it does ya know.... make you high. So you tend to enjoy things more.
>>
File: tumblr_m04fs0WW3K1r4tieyo1_500.jpg (101 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m04fs0WW3K1r4tieyo1_500.jpg
101 KB, 500x713
so you need to limit your brain, drug yourself like an idiot to listen this album? no thanks
>>
>>65259999
>undeniable

yeah undeniably contrived, undeniably corny, undeniably boring.
>>
>>65256688
dont talk shit about the electric warrior
>>
I don't think it's pseudo intellectual or hipster fodder, it's just the actual songwriting is about as strong as an anorexic white girl in the winter at Starbucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 241x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 241x264
>>65256600
>kills brain cells
>>
>>65256934
My nig nog
>>
4 songs are pretty good. The rest it's pretty weak. Listened to it and was pretty bored with most of it. Let it happen is probably the best song if a little overly long. My stoner friends love it but they aren't exactly avid music listeners.
>>
I agree that the songs that are actually good are great while high but the album itself is weak.
>>
>>65256732
There's nothing wrong with getting high and listening to music, but good music should work regardless of how high you are.
>>
>>65256340
it's a good album until you drop acid and you realise what the albums really about - then it's fucking good
>>
>>65263125
What's it really about
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.