[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /mu/ confessions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: secrets.jpg (37 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
secrets.jpg
37 KB, 851x315
Post your music-related opinions that you don't share on /mu/ to avoid being judged.
>>
>>65254171
I like modern prog, and I'm not even white
>>
>>65254171
I like modern prog, and I'm not even human
>>
I barely ever listen to new music, just the same few albums I like most over and over again.
>>
>>65254171
I like modern prog, and I'm not even alive
>>
art angels is fucking amazing

>>65254183
people have this weird assumption that prog is only a white music genre but IDK I've seen plenty of non-white people dig into prog stuff, it's also heavily influenced by jazz, at least in the past, so there's that connection also. it's probably just projection honestly.
>>
I unironically enjoy vocaloids.

>Anime. Not even once.
>>
I like Cat Food
>>
I only listen to music so I don't kill myself. I wouldn't even say that I enjoy music, it's just all I have some days
>>
>>65254223
It's definitely not a white genre overall, but shit like Steven Wilson and Riverside seems to be associated with white adolescent virgins.
>>
I stopped listening to certain albums and artists because they remind me of someone i want to forget
>>
I refuse to listen to albums with terrible fan bases
>>
I use Spotify. It's convenient as fuck and has most of the music I like.
>>
If I listen to a new album I check to see Fantano's review of it. I don't hang by his every word but I like to hear his thoughts.
>>
I stopped liking half my library when i started paying taxes
>>
My opinions on experimental music depend more on if it's supposed to be good than my own taste.
>>
>>65254389
I do this with pitchfork. I dont respect their opinions in any way, im just curious.
>>
I hate it, when I like something mainstream.
>>
>>65254389
Hes entertaining to watch. I dont understand why /mu/ hates him
>>
>>65254515
/mu/ just generally dislike him because he's become popular to hate. He was much more revered back in 2011/2012.
>>
>>65254515
The contrarians hate him because he's popular and the elitists hate him because he speaks in terms non-music theorists can understand.
>>
>>65254171
Mac Demarco is probably my favourite musician
>>
>>65254515
Because he has no music background and gives the most wishy-washy uninformed opinions on music, so why should I listen to him.
>>
Also, I don't like any hip-hop. Not shitposting, I've just tried the classics and like none.
>>
I download albums only because of the artwork
I pretend I enjoy albums that has a great artwork
I pretend I'm very passionate about guitars but i can barely play it
I've made music under +30 different names, without success
>>
>>65254605
I agree
>>
>>65254463
holy shit that pic is nasty
>>
File: 1459316613499.jpg (109 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1459316613499.jpg
109 KB, 1157x772
>>65254171
>judged
>on an anonymous image board
>>
>>65254594
Were you the guy who once lost his shit because he said something like "farty synths"?
>>
File: images (29).jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (29).jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>65254171
Heino is one of my favourite artists of all times and I have about all of his music on vinyl which I carefully maintain in order to maintain the crisp yet deep timbre of his voice.
>>
>>65254313
I haven't really listened to Riverside outside of like a ten second snippet of music from a recent album that I didn't particularly enjoy, so I can't speak on them. Listened to Porcupine Tree however and do enjoy them a bit.

I think it's because Steven's music is very po-faced, very self serious kind of "artsy rock" music that's seen as very cerebral and thus that might be where they stereotype that white nerdy guys like Porcupine Tree.

I don't view this as a bad thing, however, and I'm always put off when other people are, it seems cold and ignorant to me. Nerdy people need to have people they relate to also, y'know, and Steven Wilson fits the bill I think.
>>
>>65254605
It's ok, it just means you have taste
>>
>>65254594
>no music background
>plays at least 2 instruments
>>
>>65254675
No, but knowing he said that makes me cringe lol I may as well have been that guy
>>
I fucking love Future.
>>
>>65254594
he actually does have a literal music background though, he can play instruments
>>
I don't download any album if I don't like the artwork

I think all hip-hop music is garbage

I quite like Chvrches, Lavren has a nice voice

I don't think there is anything at all wrong with iTunes
>>
I unironically enjoy Dragonforce through Ultra Beatdown.
>>
File: scaruffi3.jpg (7 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi3.jpg
7 KB, 200x195
>>65254594
You're thinking of the wrong critic, anon
>>
Almost Every Single Thomas Dolby post or Request is me.
>>
>>65254209
I've become like that, though I don't come to /mu/ as much as I used to. In my mid-late teens/early twenties I was always finding new artists and sort of discovering my taste.

In those formative years I was always discovering new "favourite" genre/album/artist that would last for like a year or two. But for the last long while I've not really listened to anything new, even by artists I used to love. Like MBV used to dominate my most played, but when they released that new album I listened to it maybe twice before going back to what I've finally seemed to become settled in.

Only one album has been with me since near when I started discovering music and hasn't left my top 3 and that's Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance of the Moon and the Sun.
>>
>>65255029
I don't get the appeal of that album at all, honestly.
>>
>>65254171
>>65254465
ye family
>>
I'm going to see Grimes on Thursday
>>
>>65254171
OK Computer is over rated garbage
>>
>>65255822
I love OK computer
>>
>>65255822
>>65256172
OK computer is pretty good
>>
El-B >>>>>>>>>> Burial
>>
File: 1448580576140.jpg (18 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1448580576140.jpg
18 KB, 500x461
>>65254264
omg same. i know that feel bro.
>>
2000s american indie is better than 80s american indie
>>
>>65254605
It gets old so fast. Hip hop cant be progressive or in any way interesting. All you can alter is the lyrical content. Since its inception all that has changes is that now some rappers rap doubletime. WOW! the only attempt at being progressive is made by death grips. I personally dont like them but I respect the hell out of them for trying their best to get some progress into simplistic ghetto music
>>
>>65254171
I don't find femaLE MUSICIANS SEXy
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.