[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there someone on this board that knows who this guy is? do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: jackson-c-frank-jackson-c-frank.jpg (137 KB, 970x970) Image search: [Google]
jackson-c-frank-jackson-c-frank.jpg
137 KB, 970x970
is there someone on this board that knows who this guy is? do you like him?
>>
Oh yeah, isn't he that talentless hack that ended up a washed up druggie?
>>
>>65253346
iirc he was also autistic
>>
>>65253346
well he ended up like that but I don't think that he was talentless
>>
best album of all time right there
>>
>>65253335
no, very obscure, i dont think anyone has ever heard of him
>>
>>65253424
he's just a miserable autist that happened to record an album paul simon liked, by chance
his only merit is being so retarded and miserable he "inspired" bland ass depressing singer songwriters who in turn became irrelevant or killed themselves
>>
>>65253496
It gives me a lot of feels, it really relate with my mind
>>
one of the few folk artists I enjoy. had a pretty tough life - survived a fire that killed many of his school friends, got a bunch of unrecorded songs stolen by other folk artists, ended up homeless for a lot of his later life, lost an eye to some kids fucking with a pellet gun.
>>
>>65253706
he had a very painful life, man - possibly the most depressing backstory of any musician, with blind willie johnson not too far behind

the pain clearly shows in his music, too

it hurts
>>
>>65253896
well to be honest, he was pretty fucked up
most of the shit that happened to him was after he recorded the album
and i guess the fire and his son dying couldn't have been helped, but for the rest it seems like he just gave up and adopted a 'muh depression' lifestyle and suffered the consequences
>>
>>65253978
forgot about his son dying.

desu I'm surprised he died of pneumonia instead of suicide
>>
>>65254255
that surprised even me
>>
>>65253978
Some punk-ass kids shot him in the eye, that's also not his fault.
>>
Holy shit neo-mu is ass

Jackson C Frank used to be talked about quite often here. What the fuck happened here?
>>
Thoughts on this cover Nick Drake did of a song of his?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1-DAgXv1c
>>
File: large.jpg (97 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
97 KB, 500x435
>>65255392
Led ZepEPPELIN!! ACDC!!!!1WHAT DO THEY TEACH IN THIS PLACE

>POR QU E LOS NIÑOS NO GUSTA EL TOOL?
>>
>>65255392
The poseur core meme started, and now any discussion of an album that is praised somewhere, while also being somewhat obscure, is seen as poseur core.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.