[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just ordered my first nice cans today. For the AKG K701,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
So I just ordered my first nice cans today. For the AKG K701, they recommend a burn in period of several hundred hours. But I've done some research and apparently there's no evidence that burning them in does anything to change the sound.

What are your guys' experiences with burning in headphones? Did you notice a difference? Do you recommend burning in your headphones?

Also, headphone general. Show off your headphones, give recommendations, etc
>>
>>65249020
what are you driving them with? they don't sound that good out of like an iphone or standard pc soundcard
>>
>>65249175
I haven't even got them yet, but I'm still looking into amps. What do you recommend?
>>
it's bullshit
>>
>What are your guys' experiences with burning in headphones?

Isn't burning in literally just listening to shit?
>>
>>65250289
Yes, that's one way to do it, but from what some people say, the sound "changes" after a couple hundred hours of listening to them. So what I'm asking is if anyone actually has experienced that haha
>>
>>65249020
I have the same headphones.
didn't really notice any changes but it's impossible to really notice a change over 5 years time
>>
>>65249020
> they recommend a burn in period of several hundred hours

Gee, why would someone who sells a product tell you to use their product for HUNDREDS OF HOURS? Gee, I wonder why.

OP, take the cocks out of your mouth and use your brain for something.
>>
>>65250478
The burn in period is psychological, not physical you retards. It's your brain adjusting.
>>
>>65249219
not him but i just got a fiiox1 yesterday and sounds a lot better than my ipod and slightly clearer than PC soundcard
>>
>>65252035
no the diaphragm is supposed to be used a certain time to be optimal
>>
>>65249219
Objective 2 is a good option. Get an odac if you want a decent dac also.
>>
Some headphones need to be burnt it, but several hundered hours is rediculous.
>>
File: 1458089022023.jpg (1 MB, 4260x1668) Image search: [Google]
1458089022023.jpg
1 MB, 4260x1668
Don't forget to elevate your cables after the burn in period.
>>
>>65254227
still one of the most retarded things audiophiles believe
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.