[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rate this soundtrack /mu/ i like it a lot. inb4 your 12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: doom.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
rate this soundtrack /mu/

i like it a lot.

inb4 your 12
>>
>>65247401

6/10

It's fine in game. Would not listen to on its own though.
>>
>>65247417
true...
i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-f0ypVbPA

1:36

this one song 'rip & tear' tho...i would listen to that..I want him to just make a damn standalone album.
>>
>>65247460

I just find it too bombastic, it works great in the game because it has the stop and start effect whenever you pull the trigger so you don't get to listen to it for longer than nessecary.
>>
>>65247481
good point.

goes perfect with the atmosphere of the game too
>>
>>65247460
Sounds like industrial metal to me. Takes me back to the late 90s.
>>
SmoothDoom > Doom 2016 > Brutal Doom
>opinions that will get you killed on /v/
>>
>>65247401
>your
yeah, you're 12
>>65248054
dude it's fucking djentstep.
It's 2010s as FUCK
>>
>>65247493
no
too clean, too overproduced, not brutal enough
>>
>>65248102
>djentstep

Downtuned guitars a new genre does not make. Besides, there was industrial metal with downtuned guitars.

Either way, it's not bad.
>>
>>65248120
>>65248120
it's bad
and djentstep isn't just downtuned guitars
it's downtuned guitars + palm muting + plastic production + staccato riffs + bullshit low-pass overdriven bass farts.

It's fucking djentstep and it's fucking bad. It reeks of deviantart photoshop stock brushes, pointless hollywood remakes of 80s scifi movies, Cawadoody headshot compilation videos and gamer mouses with LEDs and fake air intakes.
>>
>>65248199
>it's downtuned guitars + palm muting + plastic production + staccato riffs + bullshit low-pass overdriven bass farts.

That's my point. You just described every Fear Factory song.

>It's fucking djentstep and it's fucking bad.

I wasn't talking about the genre. I was talking about the soundtrack itself. It fits the game well, for better or for worse.
>>
Dull. I just listen to music I want instead.
>>
File: 7308237963.jpg (486 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
7308237963.jpg
486 KB, 1200x1200
Best videogame OST coming through
>>
Does it still have a slightly different Master Of Puppets as the main theme?
>>
>>65248228
>That's my point. You just described every Fear Factory song.
Fear Factory certainly laid the groundwork for djent but it's not djent (except maybe their latest album).
Mostly because their sound isn't excessively fake and plastic despite being always somewhat compressed, and also because they don't throw a ton of ugly electronic arrangements and droning bass drops on top of it to appeal to clubbers.

>I wasn't talking about the genre. I was talking about the soundtrack itself. It fits the game well, for better or for worse.
You can't talk about a djentstep soundtrack without pointing out the fact that it's djentstep. And there's no way a djentstep soundtrack would fit a game that's focused entirely on violence at the expense of tacticool pseudo-intellectial wankery.

The only thing the new Doom has in common with the djentstep aesthetic is the plastic-looking overdesigned armors and robots.
>>
>>65247401
>your
Honestly probably would have thought you were at least 14 if not for this
>>
>>65248308
it has a WUB WUB BVWOOOOM 0-0-0-0-0 0 0 0 0-0-0 Master of Puppets as the main theme
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.