[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your Memorial weekend going /mu/? Are you thankful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: memorial day soilder with flag.jpg (30 KB, 399x275) Image search: [Google]
memorial day soilder with flag.jpg
30 KB, 399x275
How's your Memorial weekend going /mu/? Are you thankful for the ones who fought, and died for you to enjoy the freedoms that you have? What are you listening to?
>>
I'm thankful to Brandon for memeing so hard he got publicly called out for it by a indie pop star.
>>
>>65240441
>enjoy the freedoms that i have
>implying i like masturbating to anime
delete this post please
>>
yes thank you my fellow goyim for dying for israel
>>
>>65240490
>>65240473
Fuck off you try hards
>>65240470
when did lavren all me out personally for it? never.
>>
>>65240441
>voluntary army died for your freedom
Yeah the war that was made up, the one where military killed, beat, raped civilians of another country
So thankful. I would not be free if America didn't get themselves involved in unnessecary wars sacrificing Americans
>>
I had Xiu Xiu - Support Our Troops on repeat the entire weekend.
>>
>>65240536
HE MAD
>>
>>65240548
Pretty much this. Memorial day is for plebs, normies and widows.
>>
>>65240441

On Memorial Day I'll probably listen to Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.
>>
The last time we took part in a justified war was World War II
>>
>>65240441
>How's your Memorial weekend going /mu/?
Not good for you since you posted about how lonely you are on holidays on facebook. I'm watching you brandon.
>>
>>65240583
Not even that, it's American government propaganda to make people believe that if you don't believe in America blindly and support the war, you're an unloyal shit who doesn't "appreciate freedom" when we're not even free from our own government.
>>
>>65240640
i think b-love's trolling. i think
>>
You know, the troops are alright, it's just always surreal when people hold them on a pedestal when all they've gone through is to endure seeing their friends die, and then see how their past life and livelihood die with the war as well.

I did think that it was respect when I was younger but now it just seems weird to have that extreme of an idolization
>>
>No work Monday
>No hours of mentally intensive grinding to distract me from how much I hate my life
Music for this feel
>>
>>65240441
>How's your Memorial weekend going /mu/?
Pretty shit since my brother's still dead, and no amount of memorial days is going to bring him back.
>>
>>65240640
You can support people who volunteer for the military without supporting the war itself. There are segments dedicated to various relief efforts and humanitarian aid, after all.
>>
>>65240832
True, I do support the people, not the war. But you have to question why these people or what kind of people went into the war...
>>
>>65240441
Paternal grandfather was a medic in WWII. He was drafted but refused to be apart of anything combative. Had his leg blown off in France when he stepped on a landmine. He survived but died before I was born at age 62 (parents were late starters).

Maternal grandfather was apart of the ski infantry in the Alps. Never talked about it but I assume he kicked some ass while doing some sweet slope moves. Died at 85, Alzheimer's related.

Going to do some improvements around the house while listening to my local radio station's top 400 songs of the 70's countdown.

F
>>
>>65240755
>>65240640

Same. It is pretty fucked up.

I have family in the military too, so it's a weird conflict of interest. Personally, I don't support war and I hate knowing that civilians in invaded nations are currently and historically have faced inhumane behaviors from foreign military personnel (American or otherwise).

That being said, I think if we're in a culture that puts soldiers on a pedestal, the highest honor we could give them in return is an adequate system to help them re-adjust to civilian life.

Anyway, listening to AnCo, Summer Clothes.

damn, that reminds me. I need to go shopping soon. It's already in the 80s here.
>>
>>65240441
>freedom
we have more people in prison than any other country. how the fuck are we free? there's literally other countrys that have more freedom than us.
>>
File: therethere.jpg (91 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
therethere.jpg
91 KB, 800x450
>>65240782
My condolences, anon.
>>
I feel bad for the brainwashed rednecks that died in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>
>>65240640
This. America=white devil. Those solldiers are racist and kill brown children. Hail Communism
>>
Been jamming to Springsteen all day. That's about as patriotic as i'll get.
>>
>>65241010
This made me genuinely upset please edit it to remove the reverse racism.
>>
>>65240955
You don't think that maybe has to do with other countries not actually doing shit and actually stopping crimes? I'm not saying the US is perfect but hell, we probably have more people in prison than some random African nation but in that African nation you have rapists and murderers doing shit all the time free with nobody stopping them.
>>
>>65241028
>Springsteen
>patriotic
"Born in the USA" isn't a patriotic song
>>
>>65240989
patriotic hysteria was at ridiculous levels back in the early 00s. In hindsight Iraq was a massive fuck up for America, perhaps even more than Nam. Totally destroyed people's faith in the system and directly led to ISIS, the refugee crisis, and the whole mess we're in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc
>>
>>65241137
Reagan thought it was patriotic enough to play it at his rallies without permission.

The best was Trump playing Revolution 9 at his rallies. That must be awkward to have to stand through knowing that it's a song about false prophets offering empty promises. How oblivious can you be.
>>
>>65240441
Good goy
>>
>>65241197
Wew. Been a long time since I've heard that song.
>>
>>65241197
>in hindsight
People were screaming their heads off in protest whileit was happening andbeing dismissed as treasonous communists.
>>
>>65241209
Trump's got what it takes to save America, he's a master dealmaker and a world-class alpha male business dude. He deals with 'Reals' not 'feels' which tends to trigger SJWs, but he's right, the Mexicans are literally invading us, while we got a huge terror problem but it's un-PC to talk about it, also there's a yuge threat to science and free speech from trannies
>>
>>65241209
Wouldn't be surprised if Trump was totally aware. Isnt one of his selling points that hes not "in the system" like other candidates?
>>
>>65241271
>Reals' not 'feels'
4/10 apply yourself
>>
>>65241271
>>65241289
I'm not supporting anyone in this election as I think they're all shit but even if he's shit Trump will be the most entertaining if he's elected.
>>
>>65241271
>Trump's got what it takes to save America, he's a master dealmaker and a world-class alpha male business dude.
America is not a business. You can't just declare bankruptcy when things go FUBAR and move onto something new.
>He deals with 'Reals' not 'feels' which tends to trigger SJWs
He's a man truly in and of the moment, living inside the 24-hour newscycle. No long game. Throwing the entire republican party under the bus to get what he wants right now. Well what about the next 8 years after his presidency? What about infrastructure to elect other important senators, governors, congressmen? What about working well with others to achieve a common goal. Slash and burn politics has been 1 step ahead of the consequences until now. Now these characters got us all literally dancing on the brink.
>Mexicans are literally invading us,
White people invaded america first. It took awhile but eventually everything was fine.
>while we got a huge terror problem but it's un-PC to talk about it,
Terrorism has always existed. Its not going away. Manufacting buttloads of guns and dumping tens of billions into the military budget hasn't slowed or stopped terrorism. Putting america first and alienating our international allies will only make things worse in that regard.
>also there's a yuge threat to science and free speech from trannies
Trump's whole crusade is made up of slack jawed, C-average joe's who aren't particularly well educated. Trannies make up a small percent of a percent of a percent of the US population. You need to get out more if you think they're a threat irl. In my day guys weren't afraid of anything they couldn't take in a fight.
>>
>>65240441
I don't live in America though.
>>
>>65240441
>>65240536
>>65241271
>>65241567
Just holy fuck stop.
>>
No one has died for my freedoms since 1812
>>
>>65240548
lolwut

How's High School?
>>
>>65240616
What makes war justified?
>>
>>65241757
Nazis
>>
>>65241847
Nazis are pretty kewl tbqh
>>
>>65241757
I don't even know if we've had a formal declaration of war for anything after WWII. Not an expert on the topic but I know Vietnam was never formally declared, don't think Korea was, and I never heard or read anything about there being a declaration of war after 9/11.
>>
>>65241874
Pretty sure we haven't either. Just curious what some consider justifiable for war or not. Not necessarily declaring it.
>>
>>65241757
Legitimate self-defense from aggression. Nothing more
>>
no the mititary is curropt and youre a moron
>>
File: 1462544333801.png (33 KB, 218x210) Image search: [Google]
1462544333801.png
33 KB, 218x210
>>65240490
delete this
>>
>>65240441
>i-i didn't know you were right wing, I thought so highly of you. Supporting war, ignorance? bigotry? I'm not sure about you brandon.
>>
>>65240441
no and nothing
I wasn't even aware it was memorial day soon anyway
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.