[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is math rap a true genre yet? Or will it forever be relegated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nf9113IOqP1qzn0kbo1_500.jpg (92 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf9113IOqP1qzn0kbo1_500.jpg
92 KB, 500x425
Is math rap a true genre yet? Or will it forever be relegated to random experimental single tracks?
>>
I'm confident it will happen sooner or later. Rock was invented in the 50s and math rock really only started in full force in the 80s, right?

There's a lot of Soundcloud artists with mathy sounds but I don't want to get accused of viralling lol.
>>
Death Grips - Voila
Dj Rozwell - Need To Eat
Thrash Kitten - Promisedland

There is a pasta out there somewhere with links.
>>
>>65238691
Post links anyway nerd
>>
Clipping.
>>
>>65238851
Is Clipping way too dry and serious for anyone else? They have such a workmanlike focus on being "different" or "artistic" to me.
>>
>>65238811
don't forget BB Poison
>>
>>65238911
3/4 time is super common though, Migos always use it.
>>
>>65238950
triplets =/= 3/4
>>
>>65238620
It's a gimmick
>>
Yes for the 99th time there are rappers that use different time signatures. Just Google the Sooper Swag Project. They have like 4 or 5 albums of complete math rap.
>>
>>65240230
rap is a gimmick

you need a gimmick to succeed in the rap industry
>>
>>65238691
math rock started in the 80s? what bands where math rock in the 80s? genuinely curious, always thought it was a 90s thing (shellac, slint, etc.)
>>
File: coref.jpg (22 KB, 265x259) Image search: [Google]
coref.jpg
22 KB, 265x259
>>65240523
math rock arguably started with pic related from 1987, and there were other albums in the 80s that pioneered the sound (Star Booty by Bitch Magnet, Tweez by Slint, Undertow by Blind Idiot God) but it's definitely majorly a 90s thing.
>>
>>65240574
ayy thanks!
>>
>>65238911

Eh is more mathy
>>
>>65238691
>I'm confident it will happen sooner or later. Rock was invented in the 50s and math rock really only started in full force in the 80s, right?
this will happen faster now with internet people see more things and get more ideas and influences
>>
>>65241037
>this will happen faster now with internet people see more things and get more ideas and influences
The only ones that theorize about this kind of stuff:
>where is my math hop?
>is blackgrind a legit grindcore sub-genre, or just some songs from other grindcore sub-genre with minor influences not enought to be called real thing?
>where is powergrind? if deathgrind and blackgrind exist, you must have the same but with other metal genres, also dont forget the doom ones, power/doom metal....
>where is my horrorgrind where you mix grindcore with ethereal darkwave and dark ambient, with the craziest ethereal darkwave vocals and fantasy horror gore themes

are listeners
most musicians are plebs that dont think about this
>>
>>65238896
I agree. They try way too hard to be cool and hip, and in the process look like a bunch of faggots making garbage music
>>
>>65241150
Musician here
I'd kill to think like this. Sucks being a pleb.
>>
>>65240217
Triplets isnt math though
>>
>>65240523
King Crimson was doing some sorta math-y stuff on their 80's albums but people say that it was closer to gamelan
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.