[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First solo NEED FEEDBACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 2.jpg (79 KB, 1280x940) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
79 KB, 1280x940
Hey im a self taught or should i say youtube taught guitar player and iv been playing for about a year now. i was wondering if someone could take a listen to my first solo and give me some feedback. i dont have a teacher to critisize me so i need your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSmgElo9kI
>>
:)
>>
;)
>>
>>65238284
>im a self taught or should i say youtube taught guitar player

yeah we can tell
>>
You can't learn an instrument without a teacher and you won't get better until you get one. "Self-taught" is a meme - can you drive a car because you watched people do it? No.
>>
jimi Hendrix, Prince and Eric Clapton just to name a few were self taught. and those are some of the greats.
>>
>>65238284
Are you actually self taught? Like picked up a guitar and learned all by yourself. Or are you one of those guys who learned on youtube and just claim they are self taught?
>>
stop posting your shitty solo dude
>>
>>65238894
read the original post...
>>
>>65238910
chill bro go back to hating your own life and leave mine alone, ill post it 10 more times just for that
>>
>>65238946
were you playing with a pick or a log of your own kaka?
>>
this site has no chill lol bunch of low lifes haha
>>
>>65238963
i dare you to post a video of you playing. if your better ill shut up.
>>
>>65239001
Go back to le ddit OP
>>
1) tune your guitar. you're out of pitch. do you have a tuner? when you bend notes, see if you're bending to the right pitch.

2) practice with a metronome. if you have solid rhythm / phrasing, you'll sound much better than a guy with amazing note choice but shit rhythm.

3)know all the names of the notes on the neck so you can play anywhere

4) figure out by ear some small riffs or licks from your favourite players. once you know them, translate them to all keys.

5) if you wanna get really good quicker, get occasional lessons from a GOOD teacher so they can set you on the right path
>>
>>65239079
thanks man much appreciated.
>>
>>65239061
le fite me in real life face
>>
>>65238821
>> can you drive a car because you watched people do it?

Are you actually retagged?
>>
>>65239264
dude your probably 10 years old. go to bed. and learn how to spell fight first before challenge me like that.
>>
>>65239353
i'm asexual and get sex offers at least one time per week
>>
File: 1415676250769.jpg (43 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1415676250769.jpg
43 KB, 682x1024
>>65238284
1) don't give a shit about speed or shredding until you can clearly enunciate each note and move to the next without fucking up
2) you can get a solid clean tone by messing with the volume knob on the guitar instead of the gain on the amp or the amp volume
3) don't worry about shredding the entire neck until you can learn one position or set of frets at a time
4) some of your bends sound like shit and are out of tune
5) keep the guitar in tune
>>
>>65238284
Most of your notes are out of tune as hell, either you didn't tune your guitar or your fretting techniques are shit.
>>
>>65238284

Went on forever, but mostly because the backing is so damn boring. There's only so much you can do there. In terms of quality it sounded fine, more like some random dude in a garage than Steve Vai but if you're looking to be a rock guitarist that's often preferable to be honest.

Maybe listen to the people telling you to tune better if you're really concerned about that but being slightly "out of tune" on purpose is a legitimate practice that many great musicians use. Pitch categorization is a means to help organize your ideas, if you are more comfortable being slightly outside of those lines then don't let other people shit on it. Unless that was just a mistake, then let them shit on it and learn how to stop making that mistake.

>>65238821

Dude, what? Cars are easy as hell, you need to learn like five things to move one around without killing everybody. They're specifically designed to be easy for anyone to use, that's the entire point.
>>
File: blocky pepe.png (105 KB, 653x613) Image search: [Google]
blocky pepe.png
105 KB, 653x613
>>65238284
>tfw born just in time to listen to post-ironic outsider music
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.