[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me 5 or 6 years ago >try to get into smiths >think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: MeatMurder.jpg (42 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
MeatMurder.jpg
42 KB, 301x300
>be me 5 or 6 years ago
>try to get into smiths
>think they're ok, but it never really clicks
>give their albums several honest tries
>after a few years i've resigned to the fact that I'm only ever going to like two or three of their songs
>listen to this album today
>i'm in love with the whole thing from start to finish

whats more is that i'm appreciating the aspects of their music that used to turn me off, especially Morrissey's voice. but i realize now it's perfect. do you guys have any bands that you ended up completely changing your mind about?
>>
I am at where you were at beforw your revelation. I really have tried. What do you think caused it
>>
>trying to like something
>not just listening to the tracks you like
damn, /mu/, what is wrong with you guys?
>>
>>65230900
But that's their worst album, anon.
Which paradoxically has the best song they ever wrote.
>>
>>65231204
but anon ask wasn't on any of their albums
>>
>>65231180
experiences like mine are proof positive that "trying" is worth it, i think. it's really an awesome experience, you feel like you've discovered treasure.
>>65231147
no clue. sometimes things just click after a while. i had the same experience with other bands, like Sonic Youth. state of mind could definitely have something to do with it, i was in high school the last time I tried listening to them.
>>
>>65231180
pretty reasonable that if a lot of people who have similar taste say something's great, there's a good chance you're missing something and might love it after a while.

i thought hospice was wank for ages but i gave it more tries than i otherwise would have cause /mu/ pushed it (this is a few years back), love it now, glad i tried
>>
>>65231228
Well I Wonder is the right answer, silly.
>>
File: 1453466217538.png (47 KB, 314x315) Image search: [Google]
1453466217538.png
47 KB, 314x315
>>65230900
Why is this album rated so low among critics while it's clearly one of their best ?

Is it because people get butthurt over the album title ?
>>
>>65232258
>clearly one of their best
but they only had 4 albums
>>
>>65232288
6 you filthy pleb
Hatful Of Hollow & Louder Than Bombs are there best work aside from The Queen Is Dead
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>65232389
>compilations
>same as albums
>>
>>65231147
Meat Is Murder gives me nostalgia I've never experienced for growing up in a British school.
>>
>>65232288
>doesnt count compliation albums
>>
>>65232450
>does count complication albums
>>
>>65231147
same here I'm trying really hard to enjoy loveless but I only really like the first half of the album
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.