[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: perfect from now on.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
perfect from now on.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
What is your opinion on this album?
>>
It's very good. Velvet Waltz is the best track but every track is so good that you could pick any as your favorite and you wouldn't be wrong.
>>
Every song is 10/10
>>
It's their best. One of the highlights on indie rock, definitely top 10.
>>
Been obsessed with it this week. Rec me similar stuff?
>>
https://youtu.be/vD_pVNIcgg0?t=7s
>>
EVERY THOUSAND YEARS
>>
Favorite lyrics from the album? I love his delivery of "Hard to believe that after all this time, and after all that I'm still me"
>>
It's a 9/10. That ending of "I Would Hurt a Fly" HNGGGGGG
>>
>>65230206
YOU CANT TRUST ANYOOOOOOONE
>>
Haven't jammed it in a while but it used to be a favorite.
>>
>>65230090
Dinosaur Jr, early Modest Mouse, Pavement, Yuck, Sebadoh
>>
>>65230261
That song reminds me of Neil Young somewhat.
>>
EVERY THOUSAND YEARS
THIS METAL SPHERE
TEN TIMES THE SIIIIIZE OF JUPITER
FLOATS JUST A FEW YARDS
PAST THE EAAAAaaartthhhh
>>
Good but I still prefer Modest Mouse :^)
>>
I really wish there was more like this. It's like... indie prog. The layering of the guitars, the way each song progresses and builds to a big climax, the way the lyrics complement this perfectly. Also his voice is lower in the mix than on their other albums, gives it this sort of distant but grand feel.

I really do think it's the best indie album ever. It's so incredibly well-written. I'm not a huge fan of their other stuff or other music in that sort of slacker style (I get the appeal, it's just not for me). But this album is something else.
>>
>>65230475
Totally agree with this. The progression is so fucking good.
>>
I always thought it was weird that this one came before Keep It Like a Secret. That one feels like a natural progression from TNWWL into more streamlined pop songwriting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.