[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Album combinations that trigger /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2490.jpg (159 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2490.jpg
159 KB, 800x800
specifically in this case, ones I own. I'll start
>>
Don't act like the Avalanches are any better
>>
>>65229985
his magnum opus
>>
I only own a few on vinyl but they are
>Joey Bada$$ - B4DA$$ (signed)
>Kanye West - 808s (special edition)
>Danny Brown - XXX
>Danny Brown - Old
>Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
>>
>>65229993
according to /mu/ they are. Love both of em though
>>
>>65230031
how is this anything to be ashamed of?
>>
the two most recent CD's I bought are QOTSA's "Like Clockwork" and Snoop Dogg's "Bush"

I don't think I listened to either of them all the way
>>
File: absolutely fucking delicious.png (929 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
absolutely fucking delicious.png
929 KB, 1024x681
>>65230061
Everytime I hear "California Roll" it makes me want to buy some
>>
>>65230058
well thanks, I like these albums a lot i just didn't think /mu/ would approve. I have a copy of Madvillainy in the mail too.
>>
>>65229994
both of em are pretty goat
>>
File: 1464239402788.jpg (38 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464239402788.jpg
38 KB, 480x480
>>65230114
oh man I need to give madvillainy a try again. When I first heard it I initially hated it. Same goes for GZA's Liquid Swords and The lonesome crowdded west. I love all of those now but still have yet to crack madvillainy
>>
>>65230171
once madvilliany clicks, youre gonna be fucking obsessed with it for years, trust me. top 5 hip hop albums ever made
>>
>>65230171
Me too. I decided to finally try it about six months ago when I was waiting for a flight and I just did not get it. There was so much random interlude, the flow and the instrumentals didn't feel like they matched up at all. I liked songs like Curls and Accordian because they felt a lot tighter, but the more I listened to it, I slowly started to really like the ongoing samples creating a unique mood. That, along with digging into how DOOM is actually constructing his rhymes and toying around with the beat, I started to fall in love with it. Try checking this video out, it's really cool and mentions DOOM explicitly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU&index=5&list=FLCprOLeCSxZJzJ88nopDUfQ#t=9m30s

Same thing for Liquid Swords and Lonesome Crowded west for me too. I really like Liquid Swords more with more listens, I still don't totally love it. The Lonesome Crowded West took me a while to really get into the narrative and imagery going on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.