[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>electronic >music Pick one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
>electronic
>music

Pick one.
>>
i pick electronic
>>
>>65227160
I hope you're being ironic
>>
>no skill
>no talent
>no emotion
>>
Ever heard of synthesizers?
>>
>>65227160
Why is it not music
>>
Electronic music the most banal and insufferable genre. It's literally *THE* entry-level, gateway genre to 'proper' music, and its naive fans need to stop projecting all this bullshit onto them as if to say it's anything more than that.

If you consider yourself an electronic fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the /mu/ essentials and P4K. Electronic is white bread and nothing more.
>>
Radiohead are the most banal and insufferable band. They're literally *THE* entry-level, gateway band to 'proper' music, and their naive fans need to stop projecting all this bullshit onto them as if to say they're anything more than that.

If you consider yourself a electronic music fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the /mu/ essentials and P4K. Electronic music is white bread and nothing more.
>>
>>65227277
I'm liking this copy pasta a lot
>>
>>65227288
>>
Lolicore is the most banal and insufferable genre. It's literally *THE* entry-level, gateway genre to 'proper' music, and its naive fans need to stop projecting all this bullshit onto them as if to say it's anything more than that.

If you consider yourself a lolicore fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the /mu/ essentials and P4K. Lolicore is white bread and nothing more.
>>
OP has a 30 gigabyte aphex twin discography flac folder
>>
>>65227378
I want one
>>
epic post op
you should post this on 9gag
>>
File: Wolfgang-amadeus-mozart_1.jpg (666 KB, 2079x3056) Image search: [Google]
Wolfgang-amadeus-mozart_1.jpg
666 KB, 2079x3056
>1960
>whats is this rock n roll shit, listen to big band

>2000
>what is this electronic shit, listen to rock n roll

you kids and your fads
>>
>>65227160

>argument is that it doesn't take skill
>probably hates prog rock and neoclassical metal because it's "too wanky"

You're a hypocrite
>>
>>65227160
Electronic music is considered to be without skill or any musical background but I can't shit on Skrillex he actually went to school for music and was in a band that made it big way before he was Skrillex so I give him props
>>
>>65227249

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqkP3n2qLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifanqybnoFY
>>
Well there's kind of a difference between playing music and programming music. I do think it's kind of lazy to just play premade tracks at a live show but it's not like you can't play a synth or sampler or whatever else live. And it shouldn't really matter how it's made in the studio as studio output is more about the final product rather than how you got there.
>>
>>65228967
I hate this term but that's a blatant strawman, fuck up mate.
>>
>>65227160
>using any tools to produce sound

If the sound didn't come from your body, you have no skill or talent and it isn't music.
>>
>>65227508
t. 15-year-old high school orchestra member
>>
Oh look, its this shitpost again.

Listen bud, ambient has some of the best music known to man and it takes work to make.

Comparing bro-step with any ambient or IDM is stupid.
>>
>>65229770
>Failed to get into orchestra
>>
>>65229799
>using the term IDM unironically

kys
>>
Hello guys
>>
>>65229799
>takes work to make

So do my shits
>>
>>65229737

>strawman
>implying there was an argument to begin with

He just stated an opinion, and it just happened to reveal something about the kind of person he is.
>>
File: bait-class.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
bait-class.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
>>65227160
>>
>>65229756
kek
>>
File: 1433254939702.png (149 KB, 257x269) Image search: [Google]
1433254939702.png
149 KB, 257x269
well informed people agreed that laptops can be an instrument
http://www.scaruffi.com/avant/cpt14.html
>>
File: 6e9.png (29 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
6e9.png
29 KB, 500x275
>>65227160
>>
what is music?
>>
File: computer_f93dh5j7.jpg (58 KB, 400x434) Image search: [Google]
computer_f93dh5j7.jpg
58 KB, 400x434
>>65227160
>skrillex
I notice that his glasses are fake, which makes him look like a phony right off.

Did he ever need real glasses?
If he once needed them but got lasik of whatever, I could kinda understand him wanting to keep the same look. Wierd Al did it for a while. In every of the few pics I've seen of him tho, they all looked fake (non-prescription lenses).

Also: I call all electronica/loop music "fruity loops".
Enthusiasts hate that term because if what it implies: Fruity Loops was a beginner-level program that made it really quick and easy for lots of people to make lots of shitty music.
And I just smile and not and say "It sure did, anon. It sure did."
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.