[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ let's talk about The Kinks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: kinks_k0168006a-700361.jpg (267 KB, 1600x1242) Image search: [Google]
kinks_k0168006a-700361.jpg
267 KB, 1600x1242
Do you like them? Do you hate them? What's your favourite album? song? Just general Kinkery ITT
>>
Very underrated.
>>
>>65224746
>Do you like them?
What's not to like, they're the Beatles without all the pretentiousness cult hippy wank
>Favorite album
Pic related which is a 10/10
>song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MqfF0WBsU
>>
>yes, loved them when I was younger
>Picture Book
>A Well Respected Man
>>
>>65224766
I agree. I think even though they are highly rated by many people, they're not really mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, or any other 'greats' of the 60s/70s.

>>65224801
Did you forget to link a pic??
Yep, fantastic song that one. Something Else is actually one of my less liked albums of theirs, but there's no denying the closer is one of the best ever written.
>>
File: CS554652-01A-BIG.jpg (77 KB, 700x713) Image search: [Google]
CS554652-01A-BIG.jpg
77 KB, 700x713
>>65224905
Could've sworn I posted this, yeah, I agree Something Else is a little bit uneven and inconsistent
>>
>>65224921
Ooooh yes family, this is possibly my all time favourite album, certainly my most played. Shangri-La is just too good.

How do you feel about Lola v Powerman? Probably my second favourite desu. Strangers, This Time Tomorrow and A Long Way From Home are just amazing. And Lola of course...
>>
Love them. My favorite song is probably Strangers, mainly because it makes me very nostalgic. There's so much honest emotion in that singing. A lot of beauty in their discography.
>>
My favorite song of theirs is Lazy Old Sun.
>>
How do I get into the Kinks? What should I listen to first?
>>
>>65225562
Just get into the Beatles

Kinks are shit
>>
>>65225562
First, disregard >>65225585
Secondly, I'd probably start with Village Green Preservation Society. It doesn't have any of the single you've likely heard (Lola, You Really Got Me, All Day And All Of The Night, etc) but it'll give you a good idea of their sound.
>>
>>65225729
Alright, thanks. Will give Village Green Preservation Society a shot.
>>
>>65225744
Start with Lola vs the Powermen
>>
I love them, and I hate the Beatles, which is strange, but I think they sound much better.

my fav album is Something else by the Kinks

my fav song is Sunny Afternoon
>>
Muswell Hillbillies. Alcohol is a personal favorite.
>>
>>65224746
i like the kinks, but it seems like 90% of the mentions they get on /mu/ are from kids bragging about not liking the beatles
>>
I'll cry the day Ray Davies kicks the bucket
>>
>>65226108
this. /mu/'s hard-on for Beatles hate is the most immature thing ever.
>>
>>65226108
I think you're right. I haven't listened to that much of the beatles, probably because I got into the kinks first. I certainly think the beatles are great, but they are the reason why the kinks are underrated. So maybe that's why people can't seem to like both?

>>65226130
Same friend. He's looking good, though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.