[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums you absolutely hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 71hEtk3aCpL._SL1500_.jpg (87 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71hEtk3aCpL._SL1500_.jpg
87 KB, 1500x1500
For me this album is terrible on multiple levels
It's just so dull and repetitive with minimal effort put into the complexity of each piece. But despite this it's easily the Arctic Monkeys most successful album, mainly because it was designed by comity to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

The Arctics Monkeys were highly energetic, hard-hitting British lad anthems that still perfectly summarise British adolescence (at least in my experience)

AM shits all over that history
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKJB23wbw4

There's some rare moments where I regret blind purchases from the dollar pin. This is the worst.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 329x319) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 329x319
there is no reason to hate albums in the information age. just move on and find something you like. previously people were limited to songs played on the radio, or mtv, or whatever their friends were into. that time is over. go. you are free now.
>>
>Nevermind the Bollocks
Zero effort and millions of copies sold. Changes it brought to the punk genre? None.
>Hopelessness
Listen to "Obama" right now and try to say it's good. You won't be able to.
>Shaking the Habitual
Retarded politics aside, the first two songs are probably some of the best songs ever made. The rest is just a poor 90-minute rehash of those ideas.
>AM
Like OP said, they just went so floppy with that record. It has no energy at all.
>>65222284
Holy shit, THAT'S bad.
>>
>>65222202
I can tell you have shit taste. You just used buzzwords to describe the album. Don't get me wrong, the album is mediocre, but what you described sounds more like Suck It And See. AM has more variety and more effort in the lyrics (although the subject matter is a downgrade imo) than SIAS.

They peaked with Humbug and sadly I don't think they'll return to that sound.

>>65222579
Agreed with everything except Shaking The Habitual. They start with som catchy ass tunes then dwell in some crazy textures and rythms. One of the top 2013 releases tbqh
>>
>>65222284
lol what the fuck
>>
>>65222202
i don't know liked the idea of lite Sabbath turned R&B
>>
>>65222284
Jesus mary and joseph where the fuck did you find this?
>>
>>65222284
Incredible.
>>
>>65222202
Arctic Monkeys’ fifth record is absolutely and unarguably the most incredible album of their career. It might also be the greatest record of the last decade. It’s not, however, the work of a band operating at their absolute peak – that’s yet to come. It’s the work of a band still growing, still fine-tuning, still learning and still experimenting; a band who will not look back on this record as a career high, but as the moment they stopped being defined by genre and instead became artists. Not a rock band, definitely not an indie band, but artists. Think Bowie, think The Beatles, think Stevie Wonder and think Bob Dylan. From this point on, Arctic Monkeys can do whatever they want, sound however they like, and always be Arctic Monkeys. But that’s all for another day, sometime in their stupidly bright future. For now, we should celebrate this record for what it is,41 minutes and 57 seconds of near perfection.

It’s a record about sex, lust, frustration and isolation, and about getting really, really high. As you will have already read in NME, it’s a total West Coast record that’s as much late-’90s hip-hop in sound as it is mid-’70s rock. And the lyrics… oh, man. At times they sound like they were written by a man with a burning hard-on who wants – or rather needs – to savagely fuck your body, mind and soul.

That man, of course, is Alex Turner, one of only a handful of musicians dead or alive that it’s not completely ludicrous to describe as an actual genius. On AM as he has been for the past 18 months or so, he’s channeling the spirit of another one of that select bunch, John Lennon

Homme’s presence is most prominently felt on ‘Knee Socks’. It’s a fitting, heavyweight contribution from the man who many originally thought had destroyed the Arctic Monkeys with his influence, but who history will remember as the man who helped turn them into gods.
>>
For me this album is terrible on multiple levels
It's just so dull and repetitive with minimal effort put into the complexity of each piece. But despite this it's easily the [BAND NAME] most successful album, mainly because it was designed by comity to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

The [BAND NAME] were highly energetic, hard-hitting [COUNRTY] lad anthems that still perfectly summarise [COUNTRY] adolescence (at least in my experience)

[BAND NAME] shits all over that history
>>
>>65223651
Ha
>>
>>65223683
Which bands does this even apply to
>>
>>65224013
14 Year Old Girls tbqhwymm
>>
inb4 some fuckwit posts Kid A or ITAOTS
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.