[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/tants, I need recommendations. Specifically, I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: a3297616719_16.jpg (54 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3297616719_16.jpg
54 KB, 700x700
Hey /mu/tants, I need recommendations.

Specifically, I need EDM recommendations. See, I was never really able to get into any of it. Nothing ever stood out to me, nothing really gripped me in any meaningful way. It just seems boring to me. But I realize that A.) I haven't ever sat down and listened to it, and B.) it probably deserves a fair shot from me. So, if any of you could throw me anything, whether it be a favorite of yours or some entry level shit, or whatever, I would be very thankful.
>>
File: tawuyf_small.png (1 MB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
tawuyf_small.png
1 MB, 900x675
>>65218683
Entry level is this. http:/envelopephilter.bandcamp.com
Only the most patrician of /mu/ posters can see this genius in this band. If you listen to it enough to appreciate it, everything will be asy to like after.

You're welcome.
>>
>>65218703
It's pretty interesting noise, for sure. Thank u
>>
>>65218824
>It's pretty interesting noise, for sure. Thank u
You're welcome. That's a good response, most people can't see any beauty in it at all on the first listen. You're on your way to patricianhood.
>>
>>65218824
>>65218703
>>65218683
>>65218985
Buy a banner for your shitty ep or just join the bandcamp you samefagtard
>>
File: temp.png (11 KB, 736x187) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
11 KB, 736x187
>>65219019
>samefagtard
Nice try but no.
>>
>>65219078
lame obvious shill unfunny troll much?
>>
>>65219120
>lame obvious shill unfunny troll much?
No, I'm consistently hilarious.
>>
>>65219132
how did you discover that bandcamp?
>>
>>65219151
It was posted in bandcamp threads and /noise/ generals, and a couple of other threads (taking the piss out of it in those). I eventually looked it up and loved it.
>>
>>65219151
I heard about Envelope Philter on one of the noise music subreddits.
>>
>>65219172
>>65219195
Stop samefagging, god, you know we can see the ip count, right?
>>
>>65219172
do you mind going into more detail about why you loved it?
>>
>>65218683
I'll mention artists, albums and songs

Gold Panda -Good Luck and Do Your Best
Porter Robinson - Worlds
Flume (new album dropped too)
Skrillex -Fire Away, With You Friends (Long Drive)
Madeon - Adventure
Rusko Hold On
Flux Pavilion - Mountains and Molehills
deadmau5 - I remember/ move for me

Have fun
>>
>>65219279
I find it really soothing to put on at night when I go to sleep.
>>
>>65218683
cYsmix - Voodooism
sakuraburst - Deconstructing Nature
Todd Terje - It's Album Time
Daft Punk - Discovery
Lone - Galaxy Garden
Orbital - Brown Album
Orbital - In Sides
Aphex Twin - SAW85-92
Autechre - Amber
>>
>>65219289
Thanks dude!
>>
>>65219346
If the thread isnt kill i'd like to hear your opinions on the ones you heard that ai recommended since you asked for EDM perse not Electronic Music in general those were on the top of my head that I like since EDM is mostly trash

forgot to mention Baauer's new album, its short but it presents all the spectrums of """good""" edm
>>
>>65219773
Sure!

I'm sorta diggin gold panda, very chill in general

I think I like Porter Robinson the most out of all of them

To be honest, I'd have to listen to a bit more of Flume to give you a good idea of what I think, but it's on the edge of losing me.

Skrillex was aight, I can see why people would shit on him, but I thought it was interesting at least. I like the sampling in long drive.

I liked Madeon's beats a lot. I don't really care for the vocals, which seemed very coachella if you know what I mean...

I'm not sure if I like the 16-bit sound of Rusko, but it's listenable for sure.

Despite the last comment, I did find Mountains and Molehills to be fairly compelling as a song

And I dunno what to make of deadmau5, so I gotta keep listening.

I'm sorry if all of that is sorta vague or whatever. I'll keep listening on and off this week to fully develop my opinion of it all. And I only caught that I just said EDM after I had started the thread, so at that point I just said fuck it, might as well go with it. Thank u based anon
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.