[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain EDM/electronic music to me? I'm genuinely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: electronicdancemusic.jpg (212 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
electronicdancemusic.jpg
212 KB, 1000x665
Can someone explain EDM/electronic music to me? I'm genuinely trying to find redeeming factors and I can't. I want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it's just so hollow, vapid, and ersatz. Look, I like getting fucked out of my mind and seeing a show too, but it seems like that's all it is.
>>
do you like to dance?
>>
>>65204407
>>
>>65214357
Yeah, but funk or something of the like. Can it be enjoyed outside of something to dance to?
>>
Of course EDM is shit, what did you expect?
If you think the entire branch of "electronic music" is shit though, you're just a fucking dumbass
>>
>>65214380
what about non EDM-dance music
>>
It's not the deep, fan.
It's supposed to be accessible and catchy. Dance music. It's literally in the genre name.
>>
>>65214395
It's alright I guess
>>
It's so fucking boring. We just got a new system to request music at work and my coworkers just put on boring bullshit. I feel like I'm listening to the Splinter Cell soundtrack or something.
>>
Not all electronic music is bottom of the barrel "EDM"
Not all electronic dance music is bottom of the barrel "EDM"
>>
>>65214370
when it comes to music do you find the rhythm to be of primary importance, or is it secondary? what elements in general do you most appreciate in the music you already like?
>>
The type of music /mu/ likes is to artistic photography as EDM is to funny pictures of cats
>>
>>65214530
cats are art, they might be more artistic than any photograph ever so u can just sit down
>>
https://youtu.be/Io3mvUNWVPQ get on me level m8, come on over to bleep. dont ask us to spoonfeed ya tho.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.