[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The new Thrice album is some quality post-hardcore if you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
The new Thrice album is some quality post-hardcore if you're into that.
>>
Listening to it right now for the first time, Hurricane is pretty fuckin good
>>
>>65214069
I love it. Been a Thrice fan for 6 years now. Not as "original" as their other stuff but it is so well put together that it doesn't even matter.

Black Honey and The Window are my faves.
>>
Oh shit, didn't know this was out. I didn't care for the single at all, hopefully the other songs are better.
>>
>>65214629
They are. A lot better.
>>
>>65214629
blood on the sand wasn't very good imo. too overtly political. there are a few songs like that but they're really good.

the last song is reminiscent of the air ep which i love
>>
DLing now. will be back after I listen
>>
>>65214646
>>65214713
Well I just listened to Hurricane and it was amazing. I love the change in Dustin's voice.
>>
>>65214778
his voice gets continually gravelly each album. i can't help but laugh when i listen to him from ten years ago, it's such a drastic difference

good change though, but he can't really scream as much
>>
>>65214747
third track in and I'm not loving it.
I think shitty pop-post-hardcore bands ruined this sound for me. All I hear is nickelback and 3 doors down

someone help
>>
>>65215008
The drums are excellent, the guitar is well-done and powerful, the vocals are great. It's really not that much different from their older stuff. You should be able to distinguish between this and post grunge, but I get why you'd feel that way.
>>
>>65215008
it's not vheissu or beggars that's for sure.

i get your perspective, but for me they just have so much more talent than any of those bands and i think it shows here
>>
>>65215087
>>65215267
thanks based anons
glad I stuck it out, it ended up being a pretty solid album!
>>
I love the stretch of their career from Vheissu through Beggars. Major/Minor was honestly underwhelming and i was kinda glad they took a hiatus when they did.

I dug the singles from this so i'm glad to hear that the album's good.
>>
>>65216113
I was hoping for them to experiment on this album more like they did on Vheissu and Beggars. But it sounds more like a continuation of Major/minor. The albums not bad, the musicianship is good, but it just feels like they played it safe. Even after listening to it multiple times there's nothing really memorable about it, none of the songs have stood out and made me want to listen to them repeatedly.
>>
>>65216467
i wouldn't say that they played it safe, I think that they just did what they wanted to do. ultimately it was good, it sort of scratched the beggars itch i had

>>65216113
i agree with you on major/minor. not their best work by any means, and i see the connection to this album
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.