[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What band is the New York version of The Beach Boys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-Beach-Boys.-010.jpg (84 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
the-Beach-Boys.-010.jpg
84 KB, 620x372
What band is the New York version of The Beach Boys?
>>
The Beastie Boys
>>
>>65213410
The Beastie Boys probably. But there is not much surfing on the East Coast
>>
>>65213410
Ramones? At least NY version of the Beach Boy early garage band sound
>>
It's The Four Seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMYZBVbifh8
>>
The correct answer is actually Bruce Springsteen. "California = New York" isn't really a fair equilibrium as California takes up over 60% of the west coast and you're probably looking for more of "who is the Beach Boys of the East Coast."

Now, if you were comparing Los Angeles to NYC, and you wanted to know "Who is the NYC version of The Doors" the correct answer would be The Ramones.
>>
>>65213439
>>65213453
>>65214908

[ ] vocal harmonies

>>65214784

ding ding ding ding
>>
>>65215007
Four Seasons never went beyond the early pop stuff and were not as talented. I would only compare them to the worst filler on a beach boys pre-Pet Sounds album
>>
>>65214784
>>65215007
>>65216041
Four Seasons for the early stuff then maybe The Lovin' Spoonful for Pet Sounds
>>
>>65213439
>>65213453
Yeah, first posters nailed it
>>
>>65213410
god, Mike Love is so hot
>>
>>65213410
Probably the Velvet Underground
>>
>>65216686
get off the internet mike
>>
>>65216147
Great imitation life gazette is the four season's Pet Sounds
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.