[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here feel like they've "grown out"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: sad dad.jpg (653 KB, 2121x1414) Image search: [Google]
sad dad.jpg
653 KB, 2121x1414
Does anyone here feel like they've "grown out" of music?

I used to come here everyday, listen to an album or two everyday, read articles about music everyday. It's been a long time since I've cared. Maybe it's just me and my personal issues.
>>
File: Dead pepe.png (132 KB, 388x399) Image search: [Google]
Dead pepe.png
132 KB, 388x399
>>65213033

>tfw after the song ends I'm back in my room all alone
>tfw music is just a distraction from the reality I face
>tfw music is literally the audible jew

It was all a ruse anon
>>
I care less too but I don't enjoy anything more. I tried to get into literature and that mostly failed so I'm kind of stuck trying to enjoy things.
>>
File: 2010-07-30-21h30m54s102.png (111 KB, 266x283) Image search: [Google]
2010-07-30-21h30m54s102.png
111 KB, 266x283
>>65213033
TOTALLY. I AM 40 AND SICK TO DEATH OF MUSIC AND THOROUGHLY BORED WITH ALL OF IT. IT DOES NOTHING FOR ME ANYMORE. YOU LOOK BACK ON IT AND IT IS ALL A WASTE OF TIME. A DISTRATION FROM THE PAIN OF BOREDOM AND PAINFUL FEELINGS. YOU WILL ALL COME TO THIS DAY WHEN YOU WILL SAY "YES I AM FREE FROM MUSIC'S HOLD, I AM NO LONGER IT'S SLAVE. I WOULD PREFER HEAVEN." LIFE AFTER 30 IS LIKE LYING ON A DEATHBED WAITING TO DIE, EXCEPT YOU'RE WALKING. SITTING OR STANDING INSTEAD. THE WHOLE THING WITH LIFE IN THIS WORLD IS IT'S JUST A MOULDING TOOL, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY. I SAY FUCK MUSIC AND THE FALSE DREAMS IT PROMISES US.
>>
>>65213033
How do you "grow out" of music. The only way I think music could become less interesting is if you listen to so much of it that you refine your tastes so much it ends up causing you to outwardly enjoy very little of what music has to offer.
>>
File: Deathconsciousness.jpg (96 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
Deathconsciousness.jpg
96 KB, 1000x995
do any of you play any instruments or make any kind of music? you know there's more to music than sitting in your room by yourself all day on 4chan
>>
>>65213938
>The only way I think music could become less interesting is if you listen to so much of it that you refine your tastes so much it ends up causing you to outwardly enjoy very little of what music has to offer.
Holy fuck, this is exactly what happened to me
>>
File: Capture.png (8 KB, 398x395) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8 KB, 398x395
I comes and goes in waves for me. I started coming here in 2008 obsessed with music, then it kinda slowed down and I stopped even browsing this board for like 2 years, then I came back really into music again, then I left again for like 3 years.

And now here I am.
>>
>>65213958
no point the artist I listen too are already doing what I wanna do.
>>
>>65213033

Try listening to something completely different maybe? I find with me it comes in cycles. Also, if you have an otherwise busy life it makes sense that you don't just listen to album after album obsessively day in and day out.
>>
>>65214144
defeatist attitude fucking sucks and is antithetical to music
>>
>>65213217
The audible jew my sides
>>
>>65213033
Yes. It's sad, but i think i can get back to it. At least now i'm in a band and i play and compose something every week
>>
>>65213938
Montie unclear on the concept of growing out of things explains the oasis love
>>
>listening to music without the intent of making some yourself
>>
>>65213938
>>65214071
yeap this definitely happened to me too
>>
>>65213938
bullllllshit, the more you listen to music the more you can appreciate it, even if you also find a certain artist or style you like and value most
>>
if you have no other hobby than listening to music, it's bound to get boring for some. take a break for a while, adapt new hobbies. I read, play vidya, write, fish, playing squash, etc. just find something else you enjoy then come back to it with a fresh mind.
>>
>>65213033
once again mu fails to ask the relevant question:

OP, what DO you currently care about?
>>
>>65214568
My 3 month old dog. Before that, absolutely nothing. I'm slowly coming back out of my pit and that's why I'm here. I hate how much I've faltered in the last few years
>>
>>65214591
was there any reason in particular you fell into the pit?
>>
>>65214634
No one reason, it was a culmination of things that happened. Just didn't want to deal with it all
>>
>>65214670
would you say that your enjoyment of music roughly matched your quality of life in general?

as in, when your life was 8/10 you enjoyed it more than when it was 4/10
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.