[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this isn't bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: f738b519.jpg (106 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
f738b519.jpg
106 KB, 630x630
this isn't bad
>>
theres like 2 bad songs on chz
>>
i agree
>>
Amanita is as good as anything on MPP. Applesauce and Moonjock are pretty great too. The rest ranges from average to decent. Good album overall.
>>
Yes it is. The songwriting sounds so forced and the whole album has this cheesyness that is only there when you're trying to hard. Even what are generally thought of as the better songs on there sound dull and uninspired. New Town Burnout - which most people hail as one of the "good songs" on Centipede Hz - starts out sounding like it's going to be cool, but then just goes around in meaningless circles with absolutely no interesting progression, and the lyrics are just so "whatever." It sounds like it really wants to be good, but it sounds so empty and plastic. And Amanita - another one that gets called out as being one of the better tracks on Centipede Hz - just sounds like it's straining so fucking hard for a "great closing track," and it just sounds so corny. Those are just the supposedly good tracks I'm talking about. The whole album is just so ugly and plastic, and there are no exciting moments anywhere on the album. If you actually think it's on par with their 2000's work then I envy you, but I doubt it.
>>
>>65212555
>Amanita is as good as anything on MPP.
No it's not, it just pretends to be.
>>
>>65212589
>forced
>cheesy
>ugly
>plastic
>corny

care to use some actually objective terms?
>>
File: 1366777957412.png (8 KB, 371x117) Image search: [Google]
1366777957412.png
8 KB, 371x117
>>65212589
That's a lot of words for basically saying that it didn't click with you. There isn't an ounce of actual criticism in any of that.
>>
>>65212606
>>65212589

I will never understand people who say Animal Collective is trying to recreate ANY era of their sound. You guys sound like idiots. How the fuck does CHz sound "forced" or like it's "trying too hard"?
>>
File: 1463501155612.jpg (9 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
1463501155612.jpg
9 KB, 220x229
>>65212621
>Objective terms
>Arguing over music
>>
I'm listening to this for the first time -imagine that- right now, and though I'm not thoroughly steeped in AnCo (I've only listened to the trifecta: Feels, Strawberry Jam, MPP), it's pretty good.

Like anything you do. MPP is just something the members of AnCo did. just like Kevin Shields always refers to "that Loveless thing" in interviews. It wasn't some momentous apex that they consciously knew they could never recreate. It was a piece of work they created in a long line of work stretching ahead of them.
>>
File: re-ac-tor-52a342d865631.jpg (27 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
re-ac-tor-52a342d865631.jpg
27 KB, 1000x1000
>>65212621
>>65212641
>>65212642
Whatever, I was just talking about how it honestly sounds to me. It's okay if you don't want to accept it, but you guys are acting like you suddenly want to write like a professional music critic. I feel like it's because you heard some truth in what I was saying, but whatever. I think Centipede Hz is Animal Collective's equivalent of this album, and then Painting With would be Everybody's Rockin.'
>>
>>65212786
lol I'm not wanting to write like a professional music critic. I'm just saying how the fuck does anything sound "forced" or like it's "trying too hard"?

also Painting With was great fuck what everyone says.
>>
>>65212786
The one problem CHz truly has is the mixing. It's because they played it on tour before recording it and everyone had a different mix in their monitors. Everyone had a different opinion of how it was supposed to be and it became a clusterfuck.
>>
>>65212836
Deak was actually pretty involved in the mixing process
>>
>>65212888
Is anyone else disappointed that Deak proved his worth and we can't make fun of him anymore.
>>
>>65212904
Sleep Cycle is beautiful
>>
File: pasta.png (416 KB, 397x620) Image search: [Google]
pasta.png
416 KB, 397x620
>>65212589
swear I've seen this pasta before
>>
>>65212991
It absolutely is. I could never make him the butt of a joke after that. And I haven't seen anyone else do it either.
>>
>>65212820
I forgot to write the word me in between want and to. Anyway, that's just how it sounds to me. They just sound so stressed out on that record, and I get a vibe that they're doing it because they feel like they have to, with none of the effortlessness of their 2000's work. On Here Comes the Indian, they were in a really dark, hellish place, but that album has a completely immersive experience. On Centipede Hz, it sounds like such a chore. I know people are going to say I have to elaborate and back up what I'm saying with some sort of well thought out argument, but this is just the feeling I get from the album. Take it or leave it, but don't attack me for using words like "forced," "ugly," and "plastic," which is how the album sounds to me.
>>
it's really not bad, it's pretty good, but just by not being great it was disappointing compared to the rest of anco's discography.
>>
>>65212820
>Painting With was great fuck what everyone says
Half the tracks are MPP-tier and the other half are CHz-tier. Panda sucked chode on Painting With.
>>
>>65213082
Is MPP-tier supposed to be a compliment or insult? It's kinda hard to see what you mean with this post.
>>
>>65213424
Wow, you're really cool.
>>
Can't stand any of their music past Feels. Genuinely garbage.
>>
>>65215005
What?
>>
>>65212904
>>65213057
Did people really make fun of Deakin that much? I always thought people made fun of (as much as they praised) the albums he didn't have any input on i.e. couldn't balance out Tare's and Bear's worse tendencies.
>>
>>65215435
Deak is my favorite member :(
He was on Strawberry Jam, their best album
>>
>>65215078
>SJ
>ODDSAC
>MPP
those three are good though, the other two I like, but take them or leave them
>>
it's their second best
>>
File: 28.png (78 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
28.png
78 KB, 170x170
>>65215548
>Strawberry Jam
>their best album
?
I mean, I like it too, but... fucking why?
>>
>>65215548
He was also on Campfire Songs, their real best album
>>
>>65215596
He was also on feels, their real real best album
>>
File: Animal_Collective_Fall_Be_Kind.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Collective_Fall_Be_Kind.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
Daily reminder this is their most criminally underrated release while containing some of their best tracks.
>>
>>65215579
And I guess Painting With is their best and Danse Manatee is their third best. Wow, having backwards taste, so patrician.
>>
>>65215612
He was also on Here Comes the Indian, their real real real best album
>>
>>65215612
You can't acknowledge that Feels is their best album without everyone freaking out and saying you have shit taste.
>>
>>65215617
It's good, but it's just an ep so it doesn't get talked about often

I like Prospect Hummer better
>>
>>65215612
And Here Comes The Indian, their real real real best album
>>
>>65215657

The fact that it's an EP makes it more beautiful. It contains only its good parts and nothing else.
>>
>>65215622
nah Spirit is their best

PW was shit
>>
>>65215756
HCTI is their best, though
>>
>>65212406
Pulleys and Rosie Oh
>>
>>65215780
/mu/ overrates HCTI so much. I love it, but it's nowhere close to their best
>>
>>65215756
I don't get it; If you know that Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished was good, then why would you think Centipede Hz is good? Unless you mistakenly think that you're being contrarian in liking Spirit because of it's abrasive sonic attack.
>>
>>65216024
CHz is good, though. Far from their best, albeit, but still good
>>
>>65215657
>>65215676

how /cozy/ is the last track tonight, lads?
>>
>>65215902
whats wrong with rosie oh
>>
Today's Supernatural
Moonjock
Amanita
Mercury Man (underrated for sure)
Applesauce
NTB
Rosie Oh
Monkey Riches (overrated for sure)
Wide Eyed
Pulleys
Father Time (could be their worst song ever)

definitely has some of their best ever, i'd draw that line after amanita
>>
>>65217718
Nothing, it's great.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.