[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is listening to music for "enjoyment", rather than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_l6dr9zz7rJ1qbfmomo1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l6dr9zz7rJ1qbfmomo1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
Is listening to music for "enjoyment", rather than a reflective artistic experience, the ultimate peasant mindset?
>>
Well it depends.

Listening to music for "enjoyment" instead of the art of it is acceptable if you have passion in another artform. Say you're really more into literature than music.

But if you consider music your main interest, but only listen to thinks that you "enjoy?" Yeah, that's plebeian as fuck.
>>
>>65211230
no because there are many people that listen to albums like that for enjoyment

if you force yourself to listen to an album because you think you're supposed as opposed to enjoying it then you're literally a poseur
>>
>>65211230
Any thread that ends with a question mark can just be answered "no". So to answer your question, no.
>>
Only peasants are unable to find joy in listening to unique works of art.
>>
>>65211230
If you don't enjoy artistic music then you're a pleb. If you listen to music you don't enjoy just because it's "art" then you're a pretentious, insecure faggot
>>
>>65211280
You aren't supposed to enjoy/be entertained by this piece. I'm afraid you listened to it incorrectly.
>>
there is no need for a dichotomy, both of those feed from each other

>>65211270
>if you force yourself to listen to an album because you think you're supposed as opposed to enjoying it then you're literally a poseur
or you're just interested in sharing and understanding the experience and feelings other people had prior to you
>>
>>65211310

"Artistically intrigued" is a form of enjoyment.
>>
It's not about peasant or not... if you enjoy it, do it.

People who listen to Drone in B Minor or whatever that fucking album is called... I can't remember... other than that it's EAI...

Listen to it because they enjoy it. It's enjoyable. Under the right conditions and with a particular mentality, it's really enjoyable. Aesthetics are so random that different people enjoy different things over the course of time.

I enjoyed that album when I felt I had no responsibilities and could just zone out listening to cool art and analyzing it. Now that I'm an actually poor person I just feel kind of out of touch with it, it sounds pretentious to me and irritates me. It's like they're sniffing their own asses and they don't care about what people who aren't loaded and rich have to go through. Maybe I'm wrong, it just sounds like "rich people music" to me and annoys me.
>>
>>65211607
2 Seconds / B Minor / Wave

that album is pretty good, I think the concept is creative too
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464396116120.jpg (5 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464396116120.jpg
5 KB, 181x182
Get a man who can do both
>>
File: 1406215855930.jpg (20 KB, 336x340) Image search: [Google]
1406215855930.jpg
20 KB, 336x340
>>65211230
> reflective artistic experience
>>
>>65211230
>Is listening to music for "enjoyment", rather than a reflective artistic experience, the ultimate peasant mindset?

"Sound itself lies outside manipulation and expression. The issues to be addressed now are, first, whether or not to produce sound; secondly, the choice of sound; next, at what volume to set the sound; and finally, duration of the sound, how long to keep it going."
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.