[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The [classic albums] of [different decade] thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bee-thousand.jpg (117 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bee-thousand.jpg
117 KB, 600x600
the "pet sounds" of the 90s

discuss
>>
>>65206589
This is my favorite album, but I'd kinda disagree. Didn't do much for music all things considered.
>>
>>65207175
>Didn't do much for music all things considered.

What does that even mean? Music shouldn't be some obligation you owe or contribute.
>>
>>65207214
I guess it's not so much an obligation that new music has to contribute to the art form as a whole, but rather that it had nothing new to offer. i.e. a lack of originality often detriments a work's overall quality because of association with an overabundance of its kind and style.
>>
>>65208104
Kinda this
It's my favorite album, and it's really fucking good, but it didn't have the impact that Pet Sounds did, so I wouldn't really consider it the Pet Sounds of the 90s
>>
>>65207214
Yeah but if you're comparing it to Pet Sounds you'd expect a similar impact on music.
>>
>>65206589

I don't see where you get this comparison at all. Pet Sounds is beautifully orchestrated and intricately composed and Bee Thousand is made of rather trivial or simple rock songs. Not that it isn't enjoyable, but it's really not comparable with Pet Sounds.

Although I find it very overrated, I can understand how The Soft Bulletin is often called the Pet Sounds of the 90s, but I don't know where you get your comparison from.
>>
>>65207175
I mean in the sense of wall of noise vocal harmonies desu but what evs
>>
>>65208715
I see where you're coming from now
Idk why people are replying tho I just said it was my favorite album
>>
>>65209878
Oops desu senpai I meant to post to this

Also one of my favourite albums although I might slightly prefer Propellor
>>65208419
>>
Getting tired of the Pet Sounds circlejerk and album fetishism right now
>>
post your favorite 3 consecutive row of songs!
>queen of cans and jars
>her psychology today
>kicker of elves
>>
>>65210281
>Yours to Keep
>Echos Myron
>Gold Star For Robot Boy
>>
>>65206589
>the "pet sounds" of the 90s
yeah I can see that
>>
>>65210281
Smothered in hugs
Yours to keep
Echos Myron

Although if hot freaks didn't exist it would be:
goldheart mountain top
Tractor rape chain
Smothered in hugs
>>
>>65210301
>picking robot boy over smothered

Fuck me
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.