[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guy s wbat do you think thinko f tool>?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: lateralus_inside.jpg (105 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
lateralus_inside.jpg
105 KB, 450x450
hey guy s wbat do you think thinko f tool>?
>>
this painting is amazing
>>
Soft rock dronefest
>>
>>65201105
they're great best band i discovered this year
>>
Well lot of ppl seem to hate tool or think they are pretentious. I kinda understand this, looking at their lyrics, but if you don't like hearing about third eyes and such shit, take it as just their aesthetics. Tool have one of worst fan bases tho. It's easy to fell in love with this band and perceive them as some kind of gods, which is just fucking stupid. As far as music goes, they are some top tier musicians, and Maynard is hell of a vocalist. They are humble and consistant in their style. I like tool, and when you play an instrument their songs are really fun to play. Btw Lateralus is dope.
>>
>>65201573
this. Very well put anon
>>
Lateralus is my ninth favorite song since last week
>>
>>65201105
Some good stuff, some stuff I don't like. Sometimes they're just not very interesting to me.

Most of the alt metal I've listened to is just super uninteresting, unlike the majority of different types of metal I've listened to. Same with thrash.
>>
>>65201105

UTTER CRINGE SHITE M8
>>
>>65201573
Yes, you can't talk with any some tool fan since they have all their albums as masterpieces, is something that indisponse you but i have to say that they have really cool songs
>>
>>65202105
what you think of the full album? you heard it?
>>
>>65203356
Nope, but I'm planning to. That song alone already made the "whole" album one of my Top 100 ever.
>>
>>65203873
why? because the euphoric feeling?
>>
>>65204127
Because I haven't found the right moment to do so. Mostly because that album is not on my phone to listen to it while commuting and I don't usually listen to music actively at home.
>>
more like fool amirite?
>>
>>65201573
I mean, fuck me, I have the lateralus logo tattoo and they are still just a band to me. when I first discovered them when I was 14, yes, I thought they were the greatest thing since the invention of the whammy bar, but as I listened to more music, I realized it's just a band who's really good at what it does, and sticks to it. Nowadays I mostly listen to them for pure nostalgia, but don't regret the tattoo one bit
>>
>>65203873
i don't love Tool but wait till you hear reflection
>>
>>65206462
It's very unlikely I will like any other song as much because of the nostalgia factor, but sure, I will try to get more into them now.
>>
File: stickly.jpg (17 KB, 577x577) Image search: [Google]
stickly.jpg
17 KB, 577x577
>>65201105
I loved them in college and I saw them live. They were great and I really like their music. I don't know why people give them so much hate.
>>
think
>>
>>65201105
i don't know why people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest
>>
>>65201105
They're pretty good, but apparently you're not allowed to say that on /mu/ without pointing out that their fanbase is awful and uncool because you're insecure and want to make it 100% clear that you're not one of them... Not that I've ever actually met a Tool fan in real life or seen them anywhere other than reddit or YouTube comment sections.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.