[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best song of all time and you literally cannot prove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX81qzmkzq0
>>
File: le brian face.jpg (79 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
le brian face.jpg
79 KB, 960x960
>electric guitars
>guitar feedback
>rock drum kit
>>
It's decent, OP. Tbh I think Noel is an underrated guitarist, I mean yeah he's never demonstrated any unique skill and his playing style usually involves basic chord progression but his solo's usually sound pretty nice, albeit not too complicated. But music's not all about being a virtuoso anyway, and his playing style has been pretty influential.
>>
Here's my opinion on Oasis:

They definitely had a good sound. They even had personality. But they just didn't go very far from rearranging notes in Beatles' songs, and let's remember for a second that we are not in the '60s anymore.

Their sound was great, but if you took it away, they would be just a bunch of high school Beatles wannabes.
>>
>>65200169

What he plays is nice, he's a great songwriter and knows how to write good parts, but there is something about the way he plays that is so lazy. He plays very rigidly, almost like he barely can control his hands. That might be the charm, but i don't think he's a good player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Z-WRuQe2w

this is a great performance by the way, but watch his little guitar solo thing. Not very good
>>
>>65200432
he writes good parts but yes, technically as a player he isn't that good. I guess you could say his leads lack some flair in terms of playing (not the note choice/phrasing)
>>
>>65200263

I think because their haircuts and imagery in music videos (like the giant yellow submarine) combined with them spearheading a new "british invasion" back in the 90's the whole 'beatles ripoff' thing is overplayed

if you actually listened to the beatles or to oasis you would see they really don't actually rip off the beatles musically

A nod to the beatles here and there, yes, influenced by the beatles, like everything... yes

a ripoff of the beatles? not really
>>
>>65200623
this
>>
>>65200623
exactly. oasis were indebted to a load of bands other than the beatles
>>
Potato
>>
>>65200623

okay then how do you explain

"I am the Beatles" - noel gallagher 1982 Mandlin press conference
>>
>>65202426

he was 15 years old he probably got into his parents liquor cabinet
>>
>>65200108
Nowhere near the best song on Masterplan tbqh

Acquiesce, Going Nowhere, Rockin Chair, Listen Up, Masterplan, Underneath the Sky, Half the World Away are all better

I even like Swamp Song and the Walrus cover

(I always thought Talk Tonight was kinda overrated tho)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.