[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Moon Shaped Pool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: moon-shaped-pool-radiohead.jpg (77 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
moon-shaped-pool-radiohead.jpg
77 KB, 700x395
I really like Radiohead but I don't get this album at all. It's very uninteresting and mediocre to me. It sounds like something a ton of bands would have been able to easily make.

Is there something about it that you like? Do you have a favorite song from it?

I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
>>
how many times have you listened to it? i find it takes a couple listens to truly be able to appreciate
>>
>>65197726
once from start to finish

then certain songs many more times
>>
Great album in my opinion. I love the production, I guess. Decks Dark is my favorite song.
>>65197726
This
>>
>>65197737
yeah, try to listen to it in its entirety a couple more times, the songs kinda blur together at first but the come into their own upon multiple listens
>>
File: 1422078417943.png (290 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422078417943.png
290 KB, 500x500
>>65197748
>>65197786
alright, i'll listen to it in full some more

i just wish radiohead would do something like paranoid android again. i know that's a dangerous thing to say on this board because it's one of their most well known songs but i think they're at their best when they write songs that are really ambitious and varied as opposed to reserved and consistent
>>
>>65197719
Listen to it louder.
>>
>>65197840
i understqand what you mean, i feel like wthe longer they've gone on the more thay've adapted to a "radiohead style" (aside from TKOL which was pretty out there)
>>
>>65197840
Overall, their sound has become more restrained in their post-In Rainbows work, but they have also begun to explore different sounds and ideas that aren't just in their old electronic rock comfort zone.

A Moon Shaped Pool took several listens for me to really understand the songs, but there were several songs that stood out to me on first listen as well (Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit). There's also always the possibility that maybe you're just not into their current sound.
>>
>>65198032
>>65197748
this

/mu/ is memeing on this record so hard but it's my favorite Radiohead release in ages

I think Thom kinda got over himself and asked Greenwood to play a larger role, and it shows
>>
Pretty much what others have said honestly. I'm not much of a post kid a radiohead fan and I found the album really boring for a while.

Like it's not bad, I would listen to it if it came on the radio or something. But it also wasn't something I would seek out to listen.

But after like 10 replays of the album my opinions have changed a bit. I still think a lot of the songs are just ok but songs like Present Tense, Identikit, Numbers and Burn the Witch have grown on me and I listen to them a lot.

If only it was on spotify..
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.