[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noise: why is it so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1461854745616.jpg (738 KB, 1024x1544) Image search: [Google]
1461854745616.jpg
738 KB, 1024x1544
Why does noise music, which is supposedly totally built on the foundation of total radicalism and freedom and invidivualism, all sound the same?
Why are noise fans so pretentious yet so incapable of explaining what the merit of noise music is?
Is noise music a scam exploiting gullible idiots desperate to be seen as being into something "radical"?
Is noise music for losers?
Is noise music for ex-metalheads who now want to look intelligent but still can't let go of bonheaded "extremism" in sound and imagery?
>>
That's great and all, but I just want to say that I want to fuel Pharmakon's phallus obsession by fucking her in the ass.

That's all. Thanks for reading.
>>
>>65195282
I'm assuming you are talking about noise, and not noise rock like Lightning Boltt or Melt Banana. I can't get into Swans. Weirdly, there's another noise band called Yellow Swans that is actually super good. I can try to abstract from my experience with their music. The walls of spound they create coalesce into unique, probably unplanned melodies and tunes. I can hear the different effects and instruments flow into each other and create interesting new structures. It takes some work to be able to make noise listenable, so that is another reason to admire artists who can pull it off.
>>
File: R-1740609-1240331852.jpeg.jpg (119 KB, 592x600) Image search: [Google]
R-1740609-1240331852.jpeg.jpg
119 KB, 592x600
noise is just lame white male angst music desu
even the female artists in the genre make the same shit as the male ones, there's no genuine female voices in the whole thing, no voices which work truly approach the thing from a female perspective
that's quite sad when you take into account how proudly hyper-masculine and sexist/outright misogynistic so much of noise is
for an aspiring female noise artist to play by the same rules without trying to subvert or deconstruct them feels like a betrayal in a way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvdDEiOYq3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyfNAfzCtLM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuls7jlfWVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNZ-4i7qzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EySziMncic

total posturing, pseudo-artistic macho nonsense

>>65195308
shithead
>>
As with any genre, some of it is great and some of it is not great and some of it is bad. Ppl on here aren't into this kind of rationality tho it seems.
>>
>>65195282
noise is for retards who are too retarded to make good normal music, so they invented this retarded noise shit which requires, no talent, ability, skill or practice and circlejerk over it to make it seem like it's more than it really is, which is just retarded idiots.

not to say all noise is pointless, for example I imagine sunn 0))) would be an interesting live experience but aside from that it's mostly retardation
>>
>>65195282
would fuck
>>
>>65196450
ur a fukin idiot m8
>>
>>65195996
you know, i've been a casual follower of the noise scene in my area of residence for a while, and i realize that, yes, you are right

kinda takes teh fun out of it sorta
>>
>>65195996
there have GOT to be some exceptions to this tho... I can think of one called Nummy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ZrafsoCBI
>>
>>65196696
t. assblasted noisefag
>>
>>65195282

Have you ever just thought that maybe it isn't for you?
>>
Pharmakon is probably the single worst recording artist of all time.

Noise is gud tho.
>>
>>65195996
>first video features a woman onstage who presumably found the idea of being part of the performance enjoyable
>the first thing that can be heard at the end of the second video is a woman cheering
>last video has several women right there in the front row

For a genre that's got such a problematic attitude towards women noise sure does seem to do a good job at attracting them.

And I haven't been keeping up with the latest developments in noise much but I remember quite a few female-fronted/solo female noise projects getting pretty big during the whole 00s noise boom without trying to appeal to the much-feared and much-hated noise bros. I really dug Can't and Double Leopards/Zaimph.
>>
>>65197909
>For a genre that's got such a problematic attitude towards women
Elaborate? I fail to see this. A lot of the themes and visual imagery are often seedy and macabre, sure, but I don't think that's "problematic" in any sense. Containing isn't condoning.
>>
>>65198178
I was just referring to that post's claims regarding sexism and misogyny, I don't share its point of view.
I suppose I should have put the word problematic in quotation marks.
>>
the main appeal of noise is the edge. nobody would listen to all that bullshit if it wasn't for the image that goes along with it. the sole purpose of the music is to be as cartoonishly extreme as possible. of course it mainly appeals to manchildren and edgelords.

besides, there's only like ten noise artists /mu/ ever talks about, even in the /noise/ generals. very few people actually like that stuff enough to dig deeper.
>>
I like amplifier buzz
>>
>>65197406
t. a fukin idiot
>>
>>65199487
t. assblasted noisefag
>>
>>65195282
Noise, the genre where people aren't talented to do anything else
>>
>>65199726
says the faggot who used to make noise
>>
>>65195282
Noise feels and sounds good.
>>
>>65199703
t. a fukin idiot
>>
File: 1464281904244.jpg (213 KB, 900x679) Image search: [Google]
1464281904244.jpg
213 KB, 900x679
i recovered the /noise/ board on eight ch dot net
>>
>Shitty copypasta thread spammed every fucking day
>NEVER deleted

This board is hopeless
>>
>>65201253
rulecuckery never improves boards

create a better thread instead of whining about something you don't like existing
>>
>>65201298
>Something you don't like
>Spamming bait threads daily to start shitposting is okay and its even better that the moderation is allowing it

Creating a "better thread" does not solve the problem. But way to go pulling the generic copout answer from every newfag who treats this place like a personal toilet.

Let me guess, you support all the ironic memeposting here too? 4chan =/= /b/

>rulecuckery

Yeah, that's what I thought
>>
Noise is like most genres, some is bad, some is okay, some is good
>>
>>65202032
good post
>>
>>65196450
Sunn O))) is not noise.
>>
there's good noise but I think even most musicians would acknowledge it's way more appealing to make than it is to listen to.
if you go to more than a few noise shows a year you're probably a neurotic loser that likes spooky catharsis more than something actually intellectually or emotionally stimulating
>>
>>65204343
>i think
>you're probably
t. an assumptivist.
Go try making pointless claims somewhere else.
>>
Pharmakon and Puce Mary are garbage. They're dictionary definition derivative drivel. They would have never gotten anywhere if they were ugly or male and weren't shilled by P4K.
>>
ITT: bait
>>
>>65204343
Noise can totally be emotionally stimulating.

>>65204404
Puce Mary is awesome, and she was signed to Posh Isolation, one of the most prominent experimental music labels, in 2009. P4k most likely started talking about her a while after that. She was already somewhere in the music world before p4k started covering her.
>>
Why do you fucking morons keep bumping these stupid threads? It's literally the same fucking OP every fucking day. IT'S BAIT.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.