[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most underrated rock band of the last 10 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Is this the most underrated rock band of the last 10 years?

The Raconteurs are by far the best thing Jack White was ever involved in. How come they get forgotten so much?
>>
>>65195143

I've been lookin' around,
And I haven't found,
Anybody like yoouuu...
>>
Be thankful we got at least two records from them!
>>
Definitely overlooked. Consolers of the lonely was one of my favorite albums for a long time growing up. It lost a bit of its luster, but I still enjoy it. Definitely would like to see them explore what they did in their second album, though i'd like a bit more rawness.
>>
Also, why do people forget the fact that Brendan Benson was half of the group? You know that he also wrote songs for them, right?
>>
>>65195445
Consolers of the Lonely was great, but the first album was their best. Broken Boy Soldiers was a fucking awesome album, every song is good.

Consolers exceeded expectations because most follow ups arent that great. But it was still solid.

>>65195486
Benson was the best member, imho. He contributed the best songs like Together, Old Enough, Yellow Sun, most of the good hooks.

He's not as famous as Jack White though so he doesn't get as much credit.
>>
Jack White is famous, so it's impossible for them to have been forgotten. The Rock On Tours are old mainstream which is why we don't really discuss them. Definitely underrated here though.
>>
Brendan Benson is such an unsung hero. Worst is, he is self-aware. Lapalco, One Mississippi, and the alternative to love were really good and fun.
>>
>>65195754
They had a brief moment of semi-popularity. But they were forgotten pretty fast. Considering how good a lot of those songs were.
>>
>>65195754

As famous as Jack White is, Raconteurs were forgotten extremely quickly. I just made a thread about Benson, too. Seems Raconteurs did almost nothing to boost his career, too.
>>
>>65196496
He didn't get much more recognition after Raconteurs, which is unfortunate. A very strong songwriter, with lots of good material.

I guess Jack White has more "charisma" so he gets the spotlight but Brendan Benson is a better musician and writer.
>>
Carolina Drama is their only good song
>>
>>65195143
probably the best thing Jack White was involved in
>>
>>65196730

The best way I can describe, though not exactly the same, is that they are like Lennon-McCartney.

I'd say they balance themselves out in some ways. White brings out the rawness, spontaneity, and excitement, while Benson cranks out very tight songs with hooks.

It seems that after Raconteurs, Benson slowly teetered out. His style became more relaxed and less ambitious. Maybe it had to do with the circumstances he's in? He definitely made a self-deprecating references in his songs. As involved as he was, it's weird how unknown he is.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.