[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /mu/ introduce you to? And what is your favorite band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1464132733257.jpg (18 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
1464132733257.jpg
18 KB, 443x332
What did /mu/ introduce you to? And what is your favorite band from the list?

I got introduced by tons of shit from this board. Favorite is Death Grips and Animal Collective
>>
also death grips and animal collective
>>
i like grimes haha
>>
>>65194091
Animal Collective is my favorite /mu/core, but coming to /mu/ was the first time I ever listened to music critically. I don't use /mu/ to find new music, and as much as this place sucks, if I never decided to come here, I'd probably have really shitty taste
>>
anco and dg
>>
ben frost
interpol
animal collective
>>
Sun City Girls is the only one that comes to mind. Easily one of my favorite bands now.
>>
Honestly everything /mu/ likes is pretty mainstream so I never really found out about any artists I didn't know about before. Like when I came here for the first time, everyone was losing their minds over a Tyler the Creator album....
>>
milo

cant get enough of him
>>
Gybe and mogwai which started my appreciation of non conventional music. I've even started a sweet post rock band and we have our first show soon, pretty excited.

Thanks mu.
>>
Mostly obscure stuff in sharethreads and japanese shoegaze.
>>
The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die's Audiotree session got posted in a cringe thread, I'd listened to Whenever, If Ever a few months before but it didn't grab me, enjoyed the session so much I looked up the band again.

Now WIE is my favorite album and TWIABP is one of my favorite bands
>>
>>65194091
Björk, not so much introduced but inspired me to actually listen to her. Also The Sugarcubes.
>>
Can, Animal Collective, Godspeed
>>
Troutmask Replica
Some vaporwave
That's about it really
>>
The only band I met here is The Temper Trap, it's pretty cool, but as you can read before in this thread, everything is pretty much mainstream, like, low hanging fruit.
>>
Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, and sort of Trout Mask Replica, but I'm a huge Tom Waits fan, so I was planning on checking Bee Fart out anyway.

I have trouble picking favorites, but I have been on a huge Death Grips tear the last month.
>>
i dont get any music from mew beacuse im not a plebian
>>
>>65194091
favorite /mu/core is ITAOTS. i didnt know anything about the album until i heard it and it just blew me away.
>>
Neutral milk hotel and death grips which literally changed my life and me as a person.
>>
Den Sorte Skole
The Ex
Solex (to an extent, it was through one of the charts)
St. Vincent (saw one of her music videos linked here a few years ago)

Various other things too. Oddly enough someone showed me NMH before I started coming here. And not sure if I could pick a favorite from the list above.
>>
Arch Enemy

shoulda known them years before, but they're pretty neat
>>
Broadcast. Thank you whoever did that
>>
Autechre
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel, Reatards, NoMeansNo, You Slut!, Albatross

all super good bands. honestly /mu/ is a neat place to find out about cool obscure shit
>>
I've actually never seen anything mentioned here that I haven't listened to before
>>
>>65195326
not because I'm a patrician or anything, I'm not, but because /mu/ who don't venture far outside of AntFant and p4k lists but claims to hate them both which is..... lol.
>>
>>65195326
>>65195381
I find that hard to believe even if you're right to some extent that /mu/ doesn't go too far outside of its comfort zone.
>>
File: arigatou.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
arigatou.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>65194091
This Heat (Best)
Fishmans
FlyLo
Avalanches
Swans
Unwound
Tuxedomoon
Based Fela Kuti
Eleh
Most 1rst Wave Postrock (except Tortoise)
(Relatively) obscure stuff like MEV, Hoahio, Alvin Curran.

Also, ofc I knew about Jazz before /mu/, but I got into it following the board's recs.
>>
Onkyo
>>
>>65194091
lol b8
>>
Vaporwave
>>
Hella
Midori
Taeko Ohnuki
I finally decided to check out Bjork 3 years ago because of /mu/, so thanks for that.
I heard of lots of others here, but the ones above actually stuck with me. I only like DG for for a week or two at a time for some reason.
>>
>>65197772
Oh! Ryo Fukui, Hiromi Uehara, and the god Haruomi Hosono too
>>
Liturgy,
>>
jesus black life dont matter
>>
>>65194254
nice
>>
>>65194091
Death Grips
Neon Indian
Vaporwave
Julien Baker
Sweet Trip
Soft Machine

>best album
Julien Baker- Sprained Ankle
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.