[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/KC/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: KC Mk VIII (2014 line-up).jpg (62 KB, 620x360) Image search: [Google]
KC Mk VIII (2014 line-up).jpg
62 KB, 620x360
Let's get a King Crimson general going please. What're everyone's thoughts on this new lineup? Especially now that the latest live album is out and we have a chance to hear original material from this lineup?

I've heard both live albums from this lineup and I have seen this lineup live, and I have to say that I'm very impressed. The three drummers are easier to appreciate and notice when you see it live, and I really like how they utilize three percussionists to fill space in a very subtle but creative way. I also really like the new songs, Meltdown sounds has some very Discipline-esque guitar interlocking going on, but there's saxophone and more dissonance involved. Radical Action To Unseat The Old Of Monkey Mind is heavy as hell, really giving me some 70s vibes, but also very distinct to this lineup. Really excited to hear a full album from this group.
>>
>>65192434
the new lineup kicks ass, I missed them on their last tour but a buddy of mine saw them and said the show was phenomenal, after listening to the lie album i believe him.
>>
>>65192626
I'm hoping they release a studio album soon and do an international tour to support it. New material sounds dope
>>
>>65192864
holy fuck imagine if we got a new king crimson album that was great
>>
File: IMG_20160527_000325.jpg (25 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160527_000325.jpg
25 KB, 285x177
>band has three drummers
>>
>>65193995
>band has less than three drummers
>>
Bill Rieflin quit and has been replaced by Jeremy Stacy. Hopefully this won't mess up the drum setup too badly. They put a lot of effort into making it work so hopefully they'll be back on the same page by the next tour
>>
The 40th anniversary versions of Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair are going to be out in October. What are your thoughts on those albums? I always thought toapp was one of their weakest
>>
File: 02.jpg (1 MB, 3241x1577) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
1 MB, 3241x1577
>>65195111
Beat is very underrated and i don't know why because it's very similar to Discipline. has some of their best songs on it in my opinion
>>
>>65195181
Waiting man is one of my absolute favorite king crimson songs
>>
>>65195371
Agreed, plus Requiem is a god damn masterpiece, The Howler, Neal & Jack & Me, Satori In Tangier... Fuck it's just an excellent album. In my top 3 favorite KC records for sure.
>>
Recently got a beat-up original copy of discipline for $2 at a local record store. Bought it thinking it'd be a trash pressing, but was delighted to see it's clean as hell. Best thing I've bought all month
>>
>>65195111
>>65195181
Listening to Beat now for the first time, it's nothing particularly memorable or interesting but still very enjoyable like ToaPP. Those albums are much easier to listen to than Discipline.

Also gave Live at Toronto a listen, it was definitely better than I was expecting. The setlist is great, and the new material seems to be minimalist percussion which I'd like to see developed upon on the next record. Here's hoping Bobby and the gang decide to head back into the studio sometime soon.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.