[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this board has a lot of potential for fair exchange of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: qweC8tI.jpg (299 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
qweC8tI.jpg
299 KB, 683x1024
I think this board has a lot of potential for fair exchange of ideas that is fucking ruined by a huge population of underage faggots. Can we have a You have to be out of high school thread?

Post your age, then post: What music did you love in high school that you still listen to now? What music didn't make the cut? What new genres have you branched out to

I'll start

> hard rock, hip hop, classic rock, metalcore

>post grunge, post hardcore, pop punk

>reggae, prog rock, hippie stuff, melodic death metal, Rhymesayers hip hop
>>
imo you are a cunt.

I catch your drift, but your selection makes me think you should start eating your own shit.

sincerely,
someone who can appreciate music.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (27 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
27 KB, 301x300
>>65189204
Metalcore? = O

>Alternative rock

>Pop punk , EDM

> krautrock ,jazz, neo classical
>>
stop being such a fucking elitist bro. i'm sure some of the older people on here are just as obnoxious. age doesn't define your level of maturity.
>>
kpop, dubstep, edm. kinda dumped the rock and alt for a while but feeling it coming back
>>
>>65189337
Only specific forms of metalcore. I still love As I Lay Dying, All That Remains and Killswitch for working out and getting amped up. I'm trying to find more.

>>65189390

Exactly the type of underage posters I don't want here, hidden.
>>
File: hannahf8.jpg (150 KB, 1490x1490) Image search: [Google]
hannahf8.jpg
150 KB, 1490x1490
>>65189435
So kpop and dubstep made the cut or did you start listening to them after high school?
>>
>>65189390
>65189390

My thoughts exactly.
>>

>AIC, Black Sabbath, Mr Bungle, Neurosis, FNM, The Melvins etc.

>post grunge, nu-metal, hip-hop

>Jazz, Fusion, Prog, Black Metal, Death Metal, Ambient... I even gave pop and metalcore a fair shot for a few years there...
>>
>>65189520
Lol forgot about nu-metal. I still like Linkin Park, but not anywhere near as much.
>>
>>65189528
yea, I loved their first album when it came out and liked korn and static-x in high school haha
>>

I used to listen to classical, alternative and indie rock with some electronic pop

Still listen to most genres I used to like

I listen to more prog rock and metal now
>>
>>65189528
I still like the deftones though, but I think they evolved some...
>>
>>65189579
Never really gave them a chance, I'll check them out.

>>65189572
So I thought I knew before but not I'm not so sure, what constitutes prog rock? I thought it was just rock with different time signatures and novel song structures but I've found that it's often operatic and filled with piano, non traditional rock instruments etc.
>>
>>65189572
Like I was introduced to prog with The Mars Volta, I assumed it was indicative of the whole genre, but sadly it doesn't seem like it is.
>>
>>65189683
there is a LOT of variety as it's kind of a vague descriptor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_rock
>>
>classical, jazz, classic rock, aphex twin, autechre, daft punk, boards of canada
>dubstep, trap, dnb, hardcore techno
>punk, post-hardcore, black metal, noise rock, hip hop, jrock

I still go back to the middle genres, but only for a song or two, I don't listen to those genres regularly.
>>
File: backlog.png (52 KB, 729x677) Image search: [Google]
backlog.png
52 KB, 729x677

>What music did you love in high school that you still listen to now?
My current backlog is pretty representative of what I listen to now, which is a mix of new and old. Pic related.

>What music didn't make the cut?
Pop Rock

>What new genres have you branched out to
Jazz

Also looking to get into Prog Rock/Kraut-rock and more Experimental and Avant-garde stuff. Any recs will be appreciated.
>>
>>65189988
>Also looking to get into Prog Rock/Kraut-rock and more Experimental and Avant-garde stuff. Any recs will be appreciated.
I'm digging Goblin and Zombi currently, thse guys too if you don't already listen to them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2F3XNwVUeE (main guy is in Kayo Dot now)
>>
>>65190159
Fascinating. Adding Susperia, Spirit Animal and Choirs of the Eye to my backlog tonight. Thanks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.