[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he was to make a solo record, what would it sound like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 43514b5b.jpg (36 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
43514b5b.jpg
36 KB, 497x500
If he was to make a solo record, what would it sound like?
>>
*fart* *fart* BOINGBOINGBOINGBOINGBOING EH (EH) EH (EH) EH (EH) EH (EH)
>>
probably a cross between some incredibly kawaii lolicore, splittercore, and whatever neo-psychadelia is supposed to be
>>
tectonic plates slowly shifting
>>
Probably will feature other singers on it like his song on the keep ep. Will sound like progressive electronic just like that song and it will be amazing.
>>
https://m.soundcloud.com/anmlcollective/stretching-songs-for-spring?in=anmlcollective/sets/new-psycho-actives-vol-1
Maybe more like this
>>
>>65187518
I heard somewhere that he already had an EP or something like that but I am not familiar with it
>>
>>65187518
Danse Manatee
>>
It would sound like being inside a Barnes & Noble
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSWc3ztkPMY
probably like this
>>
>>65187518
I don't know but it'd probably be 10/10
>>
File: 1390346195843.png (444 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1390346195843.png
444 KB, 500x500
Objectively based on what he has produced:

>Incredibly aquatic psychedelic trip-hop
>Meshed between experimental sound collages

Just follow this playlist for an idea:

>Jailhouse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73D9zPD_Y_8
>Seeing Twinkles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5dtqDRjXhs
>Stretching Songs for Spring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzzqPnhHpw4
>Man O War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0XJKTwey8
>>
avey/geo project dropping soon...
u heard it here first
>>
Progressive Avant Texture Walls
>>
off brand Harmony Korine lookin ass
>>
Geologist is my least favorite AnCo member. He is totally not needed, both the other 3 members can do what he does, but I doubt he can do what they do. Hes a fucking Ringo who ruined Chz with his buzzing bleeps.
>>
>>65191912
what an awful opinion
the guy is arguably the best instrumentalist of all of them, only beat by Panda on drums
>>
>>65187518
I'm pretty sure Mike Portnoy does have a solo album...
>>
>>65187883
underrated post
>>
What car is in the background?
>>
>>65191931
What instruments does he play on the albums that are not synths or manipulated samples. Not that I don't count those as "real instruments" or anything but when it comes to sampling i think Panda blows Geo out the water and the same with Avey's piano/synth skills. So what does Geo actually..."do" ?
>>
>>65192040
the geobuggy
>>
>>65192050
he did some of the fucking insane guitar stuff during the Danse Manatee era, which I honestly prefer to Deak's guitar work
also I'd say that I think Geo's sampling style is at least as good as Panda's, just a lot more subtle. and he definitely blows all three of them out of the water when it comes to synth noodling. they're all at least decent with it, but he's fucking god-tier at coming up with all the right sounds for whatever they're working on at the time.
I guess Avey at the very least probably beats him at piano
>>
>>65192130
I feel like Panda's sampling on Person Pitch is just amazing. And Avey on STGSTV and Down There created more interesting sonic landscapes and junk. So idk, different opinions and all.
>>
>>65192306
Panda's sampling on Person Pitch is amazing, but it's also somewhat simple most of the time, so from a technical proficiency standpoint I don't think it's a very good indicator of what he can do
As for the rest of that, it's a matter of taste as you said
>>
>>65191912
he's the cutest in person though
>>
>>65187518
>im the geologist
>not a seismologist
>>
>>65192611
>aint a self aware communist
>or even worse some tripfag autist
>>
>>65192130
>he did some fucking insane guitar stuff
That's simply not true
>>
>>65192130
>>65194077
either of you guys got proof or disproof of this guitar claim
>>
>>65194077
I'm pretty sure he's credited for a lot of the guitar work mate, and I swear I've seen a video of him on guitar playing Meet The Light Child
>>
>>65194077
I can't disproove it because I havne't seen all AnCo's videos or even close, but if he were a more gifted guitarist than deakin or avey, he would be playing guitar. Plus I have seen a post on collected animals were he states he has no theorical training on any instrument, that he doesn't know which notes are which on the guitar.
>>
>>65194116
>>65194102
this>>65194162
was meant for u
>>
>>65194162
he could merely prefer being on synth stuff over playing guitar, especially when it seems like Deak probably heavily prefers being on guitar over any other part.
also theoretical training =/= talent m80
>>
>>65189268
this guy gets it, even though i think that album is bellow average
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.