[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee, even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: danse manatee.jpg (237 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
danse manatee.jpg
237 KB, 1417x1417
I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee, even people who are well enough into patricianhood to be able to listen to it without getting a headache seem to despise it. People who heil Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished as a masterpiece, criticize the fuck out of Danse manatee, even though they are around the same level of abrasiveness.

But then it hit me, how many people have you seen who say they hate Danse Manatee, but love "Essplode"? How many people have you seen deny that Feels is the true anco pop masterpiece, because the tracks "drag on" too much? How many people have you seen who's least favorite track on Sung Tongs is Visiting Friends? Animal Collective have developed a fanbase who cannot appreciate slow music. Its not that Danse Manatee is too abrasive, people are just too fucking impatient. It's not a failed experiment, it just takes its fucking time. Asking an anco fan to appreciate this album is like asking a Soccer fan to appreciate Baseball. It's hard to go from "GET BALL TO GOAL" to whatever the fuck those nerds are doing in baseball. I don't actually watch sports.
>>
Danse is just mediocre noise.

Anyone can create a wall of sound, the skill is making one that has a lot of nuanced detail to it.
>>
File: (you).jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>65183892
>>
>>65183892
How long have you been waiting to post this copypasta
>>
>>65183892
>How many people have you seen deny that Feels is the true anco pop masterpiece, because the tracks "drag on" too much
Except no one says this
>>
>>65183892
i love danse it's my fav anco record
>>
>>65183926
>wall of noise
you crearly never listened to danse
>>
>>65184008
There's always that anon who says his favorite AnCo album is MPP. It's ok.
There's always that anon who says his favorite AnCo album is CHz. It's ok.
There's always that anon who says his favorite AnCo album is SJ. It's ok.
There's always that anon who says his favorite AnCo album is STGSTV. It's ok.

... And then there's that faggot that likes Feels a lot.
>>
>>65184138
the fuck is wrong with feels
>>
>>65183892
I like danse manatee but it's probably my least favorite AnCo record. However it's not because it "drags on".

Although i haven't listened to CHz or Painting With yet so i don't know. My least favorite could change to either of those
>>
>>65183956
What do puzzle pieces have to do with autism ?
>>
>>65184044
I'm interested in hearing how Danse Manatee is your favorite.
>>
>>65184452
Not him, but it has amazing build-up and release, the best drinking on an anco record and the noise is oddly addicting. Very atmospheric as well, flows better than stgstv
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.