[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hair metal generals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: motley-crueS.jpg (77 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
motley-crueS.jpg
77 KB, 680x510
ITT: Hair metal opinions and generals
Also, how antiquated is it?
>Best band pic related
a lot gay though
>>
the best hair metal band is Poison you idiot
>>
I enjoy Steel Panther a lot more, although Motley's alright.
>>
>>65183032
>>65183058
It's WASP you retards
>>
The most pussy shit to ever happen to rock music. What a fucking cancer, it entails everything that one thinks of when they have a stereotypical mindset of everything negative about rock music. I wonder if /mu/ in 20 years will have topics about whatever boring ass trend there is in music today.
>>
>>65183677
Rock music isn't even good
>>
>>65183081
Any Steel Panthers song isnt serious.
Not saying its bad, in fact i like them, but cant be better than the crue
>>
>>65183058
>impliying they can make better rythms
>Even more gay than normal hair metal
>>
last night i downloaded Kiss- Destroyer!, Def Leppard- Pyromania, and Guns n Roses- Appetite for Destruction. how did i do?
>>
>>65183677
Back in the 80s that might have been true. But since then we've gotten volley after volley of weakness-glorifying, self-pitying whiny "rock" trends, from grunge to emo revival and the whole "post-rock" thing, and let's not forget the radio-friendly twee pop rock and indie rock acts that have been plaguing the 2000s.

At this point, Glam Metal is extremely badass compared to other mainstream rock subgenres.
>>
>>65183771
that's more glam rock than glam metal. Kiss and Guns n Roses have always been overrated in my opinion but Def Leppard has some really good shit.
>>
>>65183800
Nah, Glam Metal is still extremely lame. Some normal looking guy whining about his depression isn't as laughable as a guy wearing ridiculous leather while making extremely schlocky innuendos about sex.
>>
dokken is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgY53QXTyA
sound fresh
>>
>>65183863
You're right, it's A LOT MORE laughable, because the latter doesn't take himself as deadly seriously as the former.
>>
Personal favorites for Glam:

Dokken - Under Lock and Key
Guns 'n' Roses - G'n'R Lies
London - Non-Stop Rock
Loudness - Lightning Strikes
Mötley Crüe - Too Fast for Love
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil
Pink Cream 69 - s/t
Ratt - Invasion of Your Privacy
Rough Cutt - Wants You
Skid Row - s/t
Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack
Stryper - To Hell with the Devil
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
Twisted Sister - Under the Blade
W.A.S.P. - s/t
W.A.S.P. - The Electric Circus
>>
>>65183891
Unintentionally becoming a parody of rock n roll is worse than being whiny. I would rather listen to The Smashing Pumpkins than shit like Poison.
>>
the first album I ever bought with my own money was theatre of pain lol things got better
>>
>>65183870
damn right
too bad their albums have a lot of filler.
>>65183863
>I judge people based on how they look more than based on their music and personality
wew, and I thought that only glam rockers were shallow and image-obsessed...
>>
>>65183800
>the whole "post-rock" thing
What's wrong with post-rock, faggot? Do you seriously think shit like Mötley Crüe is more dignified than Godspeed You! Black Emperor?
>>
>>65183870
Ok but the video...
>>
>>65184003
Not him, but a fan of both and ones like apples while the other is like a submarine. Dr. feelgood and raise your skinny fists are two of my favs.
>>
Hair metal is the worst genre ever
>>
>>65183966
The guy I was responding to is the one who brought up image, you idiot. Anyway, even if you completely forget about image glam metal is a sad joke of a genre.
>>
>>65183933
No it's not.
In fact I don't think there's worse things than being whiny as far as music goes.

And get your figures of speech right, Glam Metal isn't a parody of rock n roll, at worst it's a caricature. Whine rock IS a parody because it diverts rock from its most important aspects, namely BALLS, and uses it to convey things that are largely alien to it.
>>
>>65183032
Mick Mars is a solid guitarist.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>Bon jovi
>>
>>65183870
kek but good song
>>
>>65184003
Honestly it's a tough question.
I'll willingly admit that Mötley Crüe have a LOT of forgettable filler songs and that they don't try to make their music high-brow, but as high-brow as GYBE can be, it's still really boring and floppy, which doesn't do much for their dignity. At any rate, I'm not trying to argue dignity so much as I'm arguing against calling Glam "the most pussy shit to ever happen to rock music". The mere fact that all of Crüe's songs have grooves is enough to make them ballsier than GYBE.
>>
>>65183870
I liked Dream warriors quite a bit.
>>
File: Remain-in-light.jpg (391 KB, 1782x1780) Image search: [Google]
Remain-in-light.jpg
391 KB, 1782x1780
>>65184084
>Glam Metal isn't a parody of rock n roll, at worst it's a caricature.
Either way, it's a sad joke.
>Whine rock IS a parody because it diverts rock from its most important aspects, namely BALLS
I love ballsy rock but it's retarded to think that the entire genre should be ballsy. There's a ton of great art rock that isn't whiny or ballsy. Pic related.
>>
>>65184208
Me too, and I didn't even know it was in Nightmare on Elm Street 3 until long after listening to it.
>>
>>65184252
maybe but it does so by veering away from what makes Rock what it is.
Namely BALLS.
>>
File: Morissey.gif (975 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
Morissey.gif
975 KB, 500x330
>>65183032
hair metal is trash
>>
>>65184260
Fair enough lol I knew it was associated with the movie but I wasn't watching the movie for the dokken references so much as wanting to be spooped. But yeah it's a fun song along with breaking the chains
>>
>>65184322
Who is this little girl?
Is she jealous because Nikki will only fuck babes who are at least 7/10?
>>
>>65184357
>implying Robert Smith didn't net a ton of babes in his youth
Back in the 80s The Cure were all over MTV. I'm sure Rob scored a ton of 10/10 goth pussy.
>>
>>65184322
Is that the cure faggot just like heaven is my faggot bottom jam
>>
>>65184404
No, it's Thom Yorke the lead singer of Blur.
>>
>>65184428
Oh man I love their song love wall
>>
>>65184394
I'm sure he was more concerned with getting Spiderman to suck his dick.
Thankfully, Spiderman is always hungry.
>>
>>65183929
good taste

Check out Blacklace
>>
>>65184462
Classic song but I prefer I'm a Creep.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.