[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, first time posting here, didn't know where to go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: clavichord.png (331 KB, 360x442) Image search: [Google]
clavichord.png
331 KB, 360x442
Alright, first time posting here, didn't know where to go.

Will be going to a Pieter-Jan Belder concert tomorrow with a grill. Please, teach me everything I need to know about clavichords.
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>65183268
ur fucked
>>
>>65182801
Smoke a joint with her and enjoy the music together from a sonic perspective?
>>
clavichords are sick bro

my roommate in college had one and he got all the pussy
>>
where the fuck is the concert
a bathroom?
you won't hear shit past like a few feet
>>
>>65184087
Welp
>>65184180
Nah, we don't smoke
>>65184222
I know, right? Pretty good sounding instrument. It's just that I don't know enough about it.
>>65184237
In a church. Our seats are close to the stage so no worries about that.
>>
File: 9538241.jpg (68 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
9538241.jpg
68 KB, 448x252
>>65182801
>asking for clavichord
>pic related of an harpsichord
jesus christ /mu/ what are you doing?
>>
>>65184447
I thought they were synonymous? Sorry, it's not my first language.
>>
File: clavicembalo_ruckers_taskin.jpg (148 KB, 937x683) Image search: [Google]
clavicembalo_ruckers_taskin.jpg
148 KB, 937x683
>>65184483
in wich instrument are you interested?
>>
>>65184640
First one.
What differences do they have?
>>
>>65184672
clavichord is a piano sort of. the keys push the claves against the chord. Due to lack of volume is best as household instrument. Very difficult to play: if you touch the key too soft they didn't even sound, if you push too hard you go out of tune.
video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUjOrmmfXE

harpsichord
is a complete different instrument. chords are not pushed but plucked by a kind of plectrum called "salterello". Due to this the harpsichord have almost no dynamics (for this reason sometimes harpsichord have two manuals) and a pretty hard keyboard. Also yous can use various stop (lute, 4", additional 8") in order to custom the sound.
video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIPJjyE-mfM

Both are pretty expensive instruments...
>>
>>65185213
This is pretty interesting. I started listening to these about a week ago and I already like it.
Thanks a lot man :)

Do you have any artists you can recommend on both instruments?

(Also, update: She's probably ditching me because her mother won't let her go. They're kinda strict and the concert ends too late into the night. I might just go ahead and enjoy it myself. I don't think any of my other friends have even heard of these instruments.)
>>
>>65185592
>Do you have any artists you can recommend on both instruments?
baroque composers...Frescobaldi, Froberger, Bach, Rameau, Couperin, Scarlatti, Soler etc
>>
>>65185788
Saving these. Definetely will be checking them out. Thank you again!

It's absurd that both clavichord and the harpsichord share the same word in my language when they're both so different. I think their names are similar in a lot of languages as well.
>>
>>65182801
>clavichords
>concert

Better clean your ears if you want to properly hear something.

>>65185981
What language?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.