[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the fact that they're dead play a factor into their god-like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: westvseast.jpg (313 KB, 1680x1024) Image search: [Google]
westvseast.jpg
313 KB, 1680x1024
Is the fact that they're dead play a factor into their god-like praise?
>>
Yea
>>
>>65178574
naturally
>>
when doesnt it
>>
Of course. They died before they had a chance to release a bad album. Imagine if Eminem had OD's and died after TES. Or if Nas got shot after It Was Written.
>>
>>65178574
They ended their lifes on a high note and didn't get a chance to fall off. Imagine Eminem dying after his trilogy of SSLP,MMLP,TES he would be undistputably best ever.

Still though I rate Biggie way over 2pac.
>>
>>65178715
>>65178656
the hive
>>
>>65178715
Honestly, I don't think Eminem would be praised as highly today if he died. I was relistening to SSLP and MMLP this morning, and it just comes off as incredibly edgy and uninteresting now, apart from a handful of songs obviously. Maybe you're right though, that he'd be martyrd
>>
>>65178743
all masterminded by me
>>
Abso lutely
>>
>>65178574
Pac ain't dead tho
>>
>>65178826
He'd certainly be praised more highly than he is now if the last song he released was Lose Yourself.
>>
>>65178715
why is it that people praise 2pac so much? ready to die is god tier and miles better than everything 2pac made.
>>
>>65178935
Those are exactly my toughts, Ready To Die combined with Life After Death run circles around 2pac.

People including me seem to have generally a big respect of 2pac, but he isn't same tier as Biggie if you ask me.
>>
>>65178826
That's horrocore and he tackled some tough topics through his themes. There is a reason he sold over 100 million copies on these 3 albums, his lyrics reached out. Mostly to bullied teens and people with mental problems, but Eminem struck gold with them.
>>
>>65179065
>Mostly to bullied teens and people with mental problems, but Eminem struck gold with them.

exactly
>>
>>65179010
>>65178826

I think the album Me Against The World is one of pacs best works and shits over a lot of biggies stuff. My opinion dont kill me
>>
>>65178574
Of course.

At least Biggie deserves most of it. Tupac is literally praised only because of his death.
>>
Tupac & outlawz - Still I Rise has a few untouchable songs
>>
>>65178574
>2pac
>dead
>>
>>65178903
>>65179359
>this is what retards actually believe
>>
>>65179326
damn..
>>
>>65179454
He obviously got kidnapped by aliens anon
OPEN YOUR EYES
>>
Yes, because God is dead too.
>>
Is the fact that he's dead play a factor into his god-like praise? (apology for bad english)
>>
>>65179454
He's really not dead though!

My friend was out one day on the hunt for bigfoot when he stumbled upon this retirement home that housed Elvis, Biggie, Tupac, Princess Diana and the entire cast of happy days.

I know its hard to believe but he filmed the whole thing, but on his return trip he was hunted down by the Blair witch. His body was never found, although they did recover the tape only to find the witch had heavily edited it.

So that proves tupac is alive.
>>
Then why aren't Big L, Big Pun, Eazy-E, J Dilla, etc., similarly revered? All excellent hip-hop artists who died in their primes
>>
>>65179224

iknow rite?

i cant name a solid 8+/10 tupac album
>>
>>65179199
machaveli is tupacs best album, biggie doesn't even come close to creating something as nice, blasphemy is best song.

tupac is also the embodiment of all conscious hip hop in my opinion. he touched upon every social issue in the black community and no other rapper has been able to replicate or add onto what he was saying.
>>
>>65179923
All Eyez on Me > Life After Death
>>
Regardless of whether it is or it's not, you can not pair biggie and 2pac in the same category, it just doesnt work. biggie got big cuz of pure niggerdom and 2pac put his life into music, literally.
>>
>>65179893
because none of those artists got shot while being extremely popular

food, aids, cancer and Big L was basically the capital steez of his time
>>
>>65179893
they didn't make mainstream success until after their deaths, biggie and tupac were different.

also they were victims of the west/east coast beef which both similarly represented.

and both were cultural icons in their own way
>>
2Pac is interesting in that he basically turned his life into a work of performance art
>>
>>65179963
Niggerdom? And what do you mean by 2Pac putting his life into music?
>>
>>65179893
Biggie and Tupac were incrediblly popular in their prime. They both had multiple number one spots on Billboard, in that time it was crazy for a rapper to achieve something like that. And it was real rap, not like Drake who had to sell his jew mother for no1 Billboard spot.

Basically imagine the creativity and skill of Kendrick Lamar with mainstream appeal of Adele, and then a death in a pinnacle of their respective careers. That's why they are cemented in music history.
>>
>>65179959
>All Eyez on Me > Life After Death

Honestly, Looking back at Ready To Die, Life After Death seems like a disappointment. So much filler . It also tried to mix pop rap with Mafiaso. How does songs like Mo Money Mo problems , Another Bitch, Going Back to Cali, Hypnotize fit into an album which is suppose to be dark? Reasonable Doubt and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... did a better job
>>
File: 1453541350252.gif (2 MB, 360x282) Image search: [Google]
1453541350252.gif
2 MB, 360x282
>>65178935
>ready to die is god tier and miles better than everything 2pac made.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.