[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the average person really fucking stupid enough to like shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 313x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 313x340
Is the average person really fucking stupid enough to like shit like Adele and Justin Beiber? I really don't understand how people can like them enough to make them the bestselling artists of the decade. Pop music is getting so much worse, back in the 60's and 70's the most popular bands were pink Floyd and The Bealtes. What the fuck happened!?
>>
>>65170279
>Le wrong gebnerabtion b8
Didn't you already post this thread today?
>>
>>65170328
they did and people fell for it

no need to bump this thread folks
>>
>>65170279
>I really don't understand how people can like them enough to make them the bestselling artists of the decade
PRO-TIP: it isn't people making it best selling
>>
>>65170381
Who is it then?
>>
>>65170410
The labels. Research how they were able to skew record sales
>>
Why does the worst music sell so much?

Simple. The stupidest people in the world don't know how to download music for free

ignore the radio and television, it's bullshit and irrelevant
>>
>>65170341
>>65170381
>>65170435
Does no one on this fucking board know how to sage a shitty thread?
>>
>>65170435
Is it mind control, because I believe lots of people genuinely like it because I literally see people enjoying it daily
>>
>>65170481
who says i didn't
>>
>>65170481
Reminder that announcing sages is a ban-able offense
>>65170495
Only indirectly. People will take notice of things that are perceived as alreday famous or popular (the sheep effect). Same with mainstream radio playlists--they will play what is currently on the charts, in a self-perpetuating cycle.
>>65170471
>The stupidest people in the world don't know how to download music for free
This is actually an interesting phenomenon, and I've heard it called the Britney Spears Effect back in the 2000/2001.
>>
>>65170279

Most people don't have music as a hobby or treat it as some serious art form, it's just another cultural form of entertainment. They watch the same shows as everyone else, read the same books, go to the same movies and hear the same handful of pop songs that everyone else has on in the background every month. The artists you're talking about (including the Beatles) all offer pleasing vocals delivering simple and familiar song structures, they're perfect for people that just want something to hum occasionally and don't really give a shit about whether or not it's high art.

>lel I troll you

Yeah, but some people here actually believe this shit so it's still worth saying.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.