[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackened Noise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: storks.jpg (521 KB, 1796x1604) Image search: [Google]
storks.jpg
521 KB, 1796x1604
I made this blackened noise track, what you guys think of it?

https://clyp.it/g3mp3wxl
>>
Those were some pretty spooky synths but it didn't feel very "blackened" in general. However I like the vibes and would be interested in hearing where you take this. I make, or try to make, blackened noise too, so I'm always interested in other makers of that style. What sort of equipment are you using?
>>
>>65170367
Thanks for the feedback man :D
>What sort of equipment are you using?
Just FL Studio (plz don't laugh)
>>
>>65170416
Nah I don't judge on DAWs. I use a couple myself and they're all free and all probably shitty programs by most people's standards (they're audacity and reaper btw) but I think when used properly any of these DAWs can produce decent stuff.

Anyway were you using like a midi controller for the synthy section or just programming that in with your mouse and such?
>>
>>65170559
doing it by mouse, all I have is a notebook here.
Tell you what, I just use some built in synths and shove that hardcore filter on them on the mixer channel and they sound marvelous (specially simsynth). That way some more simplistic chord progressions have a burning sound to them, as if there was some tremolo picking happening. I could (and should) have used more of a high-pitched guitar-esque sound, but those deeper notes are honey to my ears.

You can also add the hardcore effect on the built in guitar samplers, but it sure sounds different
>>
>>65170707
>they sound marvelous
>those deeper notes are honey to my ears.
Who's going to tell him.

I've already been nasty enough today.
>>
File: mentally challenged.png (61 KB, 216x271) Image search: [Google]
mentally challenged.png
61 KB, 216x271
>>65170759
>he probably means it literally and not to noise standards
>he's probably measuring it by how good it supposedly sounds to everyone and not to his own experiments of similarity between synths and guitar sounds in a noise project
>>
>>65170759
Yeah I don't know if I'm going to be "nasty" about it but those descriptors of "marvelous" and "honey" are maybe a bit misplaced. The synths set the mood and I like the progression but they're a bit thin. Through making noise and noise with synths particularly I've found that things can always use more texture and processing and that if you feel like you could morph it more then you probably should. I was also wondering what you were doing as far as the "noise" part was concerned
>>
>>65170951
The thing is that I was using the synth as the lead, which ends up being drony and atmospheric, but not noise enough, when I will probably need to apply it as just another element of the track. A distorted bright electric guitar leading it would be better. Anything I try to add to that synth after it takes over the whole track makes the whole thing dissonant (see the "bass" around the beginning).

As for the marvelous and what not, sometimes I just cream my panties talking about my own shit.
>>
>>65171084
>As for the marvelous and what not, sometimes I just cream my panties talking about my own shit.
Yeah, don't do that.
You'll look like a tool.
>>
>>65171084
Haha yeah it's cool I just am in the habit of being very self-critical so it threw me off. Anyway yeah I think you could definitely use some additional layers to add some heft and rumble. Plus I find bm vocals and blast beats help with the kvlt vibes. That's just my two cents with the style of music in general.
>>
>>65171175
Speaking of looking like a tool I remember when I used to hit enter after every sentence
>>
>>65171225
>Plus I find bm vocals and blast beats help with the kvlt vibes.
This.
Would be more up my street if you added those two things.
>>
>>65171260
Could have done with a comma after "tool" there sport.
>>
>>65171225
>>65171266

I will definitively add live drumming in the future, since I'm a drummer myself, the only thing holding me back is the fact that I'm completely devoid of drum set and necessary gear at the time, though I could always add some electronic drums. As for vocals, I really don't know about it. Most blackened noise I listened to either did not have it or have such buried and inaudible vocals it didn't make much difference if they were there or not.
>>
>>65171292
Shit I was thinking that as I was typing it and was just like "oh well" but now I regret it
>>
>>65171365
Just sing any old bollocks and bury it under distortion. You'll be fine.
>>
>>65171365
Amplified whispers actually are pretty easy and effective vocals. And for drums I use either a midi drum pad controller (akai lpd8, personally) or a drum machine. I'm working on accumulating more analog equipment currently
>>
op that sounds just like your average witch house track except boosted with an equalizer
not blackened at all
>>
https://pagodamast.bandcamp.com/track/myoko

Not that anyone wanted this but here's some of my blackened noise. As you probably noticed it's really long and drawn out so maybe listen to like the first 5 minutes or so. I actually wish I could write better synth melodies but that's a work in progress. I've only been at this for a few months so I have a lot to learn
>>
>>65171648
It gets very interesting after the 5 minutes mark. I like the dark ambient atmosphere of it.
>>
>>65171759
Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty inspired by stuff like LoC and Striborg, who have very heavy dark ambient qualities
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.