[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What compares to this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: gavin.jpg (2 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
gavin.jpg
2 MB, 1425x1425
What compares to this album?
>>
>>65168638
This might've sounded pretentious. What I meant was, what are other albums that are similar to this one in sound and style?
>>
fecal matter
>>
>>65168845
got me bro
>>
File: [2002] Alexisonfire.jpg (291 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
[2002] Alexisonfire.jpg
291 KB, 1400x1400
Essential
>>
>>65168999
I love this one as well. I really dig early postcore
>>
File: Cover.jpg (401 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
401 KB, 1425x1425
>>65169023
It's the best. What else have you heard from DGD? Whatever I Say is Royal Ocean is my favorite from them.
>>
>>65168794
Tides of man is a pretty self explanatory pick. Protest the Hero.
>>
Any post hardcore type band. I'm not the biggest fan of the genre so I may be talking out of my ass but all those bands basically sound the same. I really like The Fall of Troy though.
>>
>>65168638
the only redeemable band in this style is the fall of troy. maybe rolo tomassi but they're more mathcore
>>
I could never get into these types of bands because of how sexually frustrated they are towards chicks who broke up with them or the couldn't fuck. It's too cringy for me.
>>
>>65168638
You should check out

strawberry girls - french ghetto
Idlehands - dena mora
Hail the sun - elephantitis

you probally won't find them similar but you might like them.
>>
There's this band called Jovian that reminds me of early Dance Gavin Dance

https://jovianmusic.bandcamp.com

The band A Static Lullaby has harsh vocals vaguely similar to Jon Mess's, and they're pretty good

You should also check out Tides of Man, A Lot Like Birds, Adventurer, Gold Season, Vox Vocis, and motherfucking Stolas
They're all post-hardcore with some progressive elements and all kick ass
>>
>>65169117
This

>>65169514
>>65169571
TFOT is the shit

>>65170039
These too

>>65171067
This also

All of those are good picks
>>
people only shit on DGD because of fantano

they got about three really great albums and will swan is a beast on guitar
>>
>>65171290
>people only shit on DGD because of fantano
I was a huge fan of DGD in my younger years and still love Downtown Battle Mountain, self titled, and Happiness. Their new stuff is shit though. Or maybe I grew out of it idk.
>>
>>65171368
No their new stuff is just shit
>>
>>65171290
>>65171368
I fucking love their new live album :(
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.