[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 6
Was he right?
>>
>gene simmons
>right
>ever
>>
>>65168599
>Rock is dead

No, Gene Simmons career is dead.

Also how can it be dead when Car Seat Headrest released a album this year?
>>
>>65168599

File sharing didn't kill rock, rock was already dead.

Nothing last forever. Hiphop is on its last legs, it's practically on life support at this point.
>>
>that shit

it must be from rolling stone, isn't it?
>>
>>65168599
>paying attention to painted face kike
>ever
>>
>>65168635
Kill yourself
>>
>>65168599
>"wonder where the next Bob Dylan is"

Gene needs to shut the fuck up. There hasn't been another Dylan for a long fucking time. Gene is a conspirator in the death of rock.
>>
File: lrd.jpg (237 KB, 1494x1500) Image search: [Google]
lrd.jpg
237 KB, 1494x1500
>>65168599
I literally thought that was the lead singer of Les Rallizes Denudes.

Man, I've been on here too much lately.
>>
>>65168639
>Hiphop is on its last legs, it's practically on life support at this point.
How? That's all the most important cultural demographic listen to
>>
Nah, Rock has been dead for a long ass time. Probably around when guys like KISS and Zeppelin appropriated and watered the shit down.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 750x1334
>>65168639
>hip-hop
>dying

Where the fuck are you from?
everyone I know just listens to Hip-Hop
>>
>>65168688
Kill YOURself
>>
>An entire, massive genre of music is dead because my shitty buttrock music isn't make me as much money as it used to
>>
gene simmons is ass
>>
>>65168635
>Car Seat Headrest
>rock music

Montie, I felt bad you at first...
But you are honestly such an ignorant asshole who thinks he knows every-fucking-thing. Stop being such an unbearable fuckwit.

I hope you get doxed.
>>
>>65168699
fucking kys
>>
>>65168699
i laughed
>>
>>65168807
>I hope you get doxed
being this late
>>
>>65168599
If anything killed rock it was shitty bands like kiss with huge budgets for costumes and pyrotechnics to hide the fact their music is bullshit.
>>
>>65169438
the joke
your head
>>
He is right, because musicians can't make money anymore because of people like us who steal all of our music.
>>
>>65169473

>their music is bullshit

I wasn't aware being one of the most influential hard rock bands and one of the most successful rock acts ever was "bullshit."
>>
>>65168599
>rock is finally dead. it was murdered
we gonna place bets on who killed it or what?
>>
>>65168599
He is right, rock is dead. He killed it himself by showing you could openly present yourself as a product rather than an artist nd people would eat it up.
>>
>>65169575
well anon, you are now aware that KISS are in fact fucking bullshit and suck dick, so we can all rest easy
>>
>>65169594

>implying kiss made bad music
>>
>>65169606

Have you ever listened to any of their music? I really doubt that.

also
>suck dick

You can't come up with anything better or more constructive?
>>
>>65169619
>implying gene Simmons made good music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig7gTvYETZc
>>
>>65168807
Don't bother getting upset. It's probably just Will anyway.
>>
dead since 2006

Limp bizkit is the last true rock band
>>
>>65169648
listened to some of destroyer, thought it was meh, not horrible or anything but yeah

just not my thing
>>
>>65169575
>one of the most successful rock acts ever was "bullshit."
If you use popularity and album sales as a metric for whether or not an artist is good then you have to say whoever is top 40 at the moment is the absolute best to be logically consistent.
>>
>>65169677

>listened to some of one album
>calling a 20 album discography bullshit

?????????????????????
>>
>>65169651

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyp70bGuFwI
>>
>>65169700
You know, if Kiss had some kind of hugely varied discography, was super versatile and enveloppe-pushing, people might know about it and their reputation would be slightly different.
That's like asking "how can you say ACDC is repetitive if you haven't listened to their 30+ albums discography?"
>>
>>65169697

That's not really the point. But clearly they did something right if so many later bands mark them as a major influence.
>>
>>65169752

Maybe if people would look past the costumes and makeup and explosions that could change. Put people just look at them has irrelevant hacks in stupid gimmicky costumes.
>>
>>65169700
Look man their music is generic hard rock, if I thought their generally-agreed-upon best album sucked I'm gonna say they fucking sucked. To be fair they did have that one album where they're doing prog rock or some shit, but they sucked at that, too.
>>
>>65169765
The main thing they did right was not so much their music, it was the show that came with it, the visual identity, the whole package.
Kiss' music is pretty much some three-power-chord rock which might have some radio power, but wouldn't stand out that much if it wasn't for the band's image, all the mad tage antics and such.
>>
>>65168599
100% accurate, just turn on the radio. It's all indie/pop and shyt tier nu-metal masquerading as rock. Just look at the festivals. Closest thing to rock is Mac demarco and nobody even listens to him anymore.
>>
>>65169818
Plus now they're taking off all the good classic rock from YouTube. It's a Jew plot to make us forget good music existed so that they can market shitty music and no one will be able to tell the difference
>>
lol i like how you guys say kiss isnt good but u nerds fucking love metalcore and shit

like your aesthetic wouldnt exist without kiss
>>
>>65169855
detroit rock city will always be a great song
>>
>>65168599
>Rock is dead because I can't live only off my royalties and had to do a comeback album and tour
t. Chaim witz, born in Israel
>>
>>65169855
>doesn't like kiss
>must be a snobby nerd

no I just don't think they're that good, their live show goes hard and is really fun but I just don't listen to them
>>
>>65169855
Even though metalcore isn't very good it is still miles beyond power chord progressions.Kiss is glorified pop music.
>>
>>65169800

Thanks for invalidating your opinion on the whole matter my dude
>>
>>65170003
you're welcome
>>
>>65169575
Abba was influential as well and it is commonly known that they are a trash band. Never use popularity as an indicator of talent.
>>
>>65170003
>>65170036
>>
>>65170036

Did Abba break ground like KISS did? Not at all.
>>
File sharing is only responsible for killing the music industry aka corporate pigs with slave artists.
in my opinion soon the internet will be the sole medium of music distribution and then rock will be reborn

also Kiss was shit and Gene Simmons should croak already
>>
>>65170082

>missing the point
>>
>>65169656
Limp Bizkit wasn't a rock band and I'm not talking about the music they made
>>
>>65168599

Thought that was Gaddafi 2bh
>>
>>65170114

But what's the incentive on that? Why put everything else aside to spend money making music when you can't make money off of the music you put so much effort into?
>>
>>65168599
>born in israel
>taken seriously
pick one
>>
>>65168599
>artist who was relevant 20+ years ago: music is dead
>20 years later a musician will say the same
>>
>>65168807
Look I don't really care for CSH, but it's definitely still rock music.
>>
>>65168599
>Bowie and Prince dead in the same year along many other talented musicians
>This cockroach is still alive
I swear him and Mike Love must be in cahoots or something
>>
people need to stop giving this fucking kike attention
>>
Rock was always shite, all popular music is shite. All Music that requires not a single real thought, is all shite. All music that is solely there to dance to, panders to an idea of music, rather than its actuality.
>>
>>65170179
People have been doing it for forever. Some people just want to make music. It's how they express themselves. And those are the people you want to be listening to anyway, not people like Gene who only sees music as a way to make money.
>>
>>65168599
But rock n roll never dies
>>
>>65172851
Neckbearding this hard
>>
>>65170105
what grounds did KISS even break? make frat boys wearing makeup sell?
>>
>>65168717
Led Zeppelin
Watered down
>WATERED DOWN

Have you ever given a led zep song a listen little billy?
>>
>>65172889
Modern music has no value, and will soon be irrelevant completely. Then you and your groovy neckbeardfriends can go jack off where you belong, in jail.
>>
>>65172804
thanks for your opinion
>>
>>65169966
Metalcore is shyt bro
>>
>>65169731
The Melvins cover was significantly better
>>
>>65168635
>how can it be dead when Car Seat Headrest released a album this year
>montie
>being funny
No, this can't be. I'm gonna assume you're stupid enuogh to have been serious as to not shatter my world view.
>>
>>65170036

>Abba was influential as well and it is commonly known that they are a trash band.

Woah woah woah slow down, guy. I'm all for trashing KISS's mediocrity, but ABBA is top grade pop, my man.
>>
>>65168599
He's just ass damaged he's not getting paid enough..
>>
>>65168807
>doxxed
Lol dumbass did it to himself already
>>
Kiss rules

Gene's right

last real rock star was Marilyn Manson and that was like 20 years ago

shut up fags
>>
>>65170036
>abba
>trash
Name me a better synth melody, motherfucker https://youtu.be/XEjLoHdbVeE
>>
>>65173085
>>65174312
ABBA are awful. Kill yourselves
>>
>>65174338
Go back to Kanye and Drake my friend, it's much more suited for people such as yourself.
>>
>>65174338
What are awful about them?
>>
>>65174228
I mean, if we're talking commercial, big name rockstars, this isn't really wrong. The last mainstream, rockstar showman was Marilyn Manson, and the torch has since been passed off to rappers like Kanye and Jay Z.
>>
>>65174357
Memerap is terrible too, nice strawman

>>65174373
Some of the most bland and tasteless pop music I've ever heard. And annoying harmonies, even worse melodies, and some of the worst arrangements ever to exist
>>
can't this irrelevant kike fuck off? KISS have always literally been their image over the music
>>
>>65174409
Don't worry, i'm sure there's a nice Kanye thread that can accommodate your tastes :^)
>>
is there an objectively worse band than kiss?
>>
>>65168599
He's pointing at us...
>>
>>65174489
damn...
>>
>>65168599
Today every kid can release his shit to the world via a myriad of apps, sites and techs. And what they release is often NOT guitar riff based rock of granpaw Simmons.

Rock is not dead. Gene Simmons is retarded and should an hero.
>>
>>65174458
>wahh stop disliking my shitty pop
>go listen to another shitty pop star
>>
>>65174489
damn...
>>
>>65174409
you're new
>>
>>65174658
Come on now buddy, if there isn't a Kanye thread then you can easily start one up, I'm sure there's loads of people with just as shit taste as you who will be willing to discuss your awful music
>>
>>65168639
How is rock dead?
>>
>>65168599
No, he's just trying to get attention for his reality show or some bullshit.
>>
He's half right. File sharing didn't just murder rock music, it murdered all music.
>>
It's dead cause they're nothing new or exciting about it. What else can you do to with the genre that hasn't been done already?
>>
>>65168599
Yes and no.

Gene Simmons should fuck off. The next Bob Dylan is avoiding his fat ass.

Filesharing is shit for music. If you look at the industry, there is a massive decline overall in the worth of the industry. There is flat out less money there, which means that there is less ability to support a larger number of artists. People are fucking liars, they don't pirate it to get a listen, and then buy. Not on a large scale..

But they're not the only ones to blame. The record industry lasted for years paying artists shit and taking all the money in the industry. When things were going well, the artists weren't making much. They'd sign them to exploitative deals which guaranteed a large number of records, then those records would be made with their songwriters who'd give them a couple of hits, and the rest would be filler, and they'd sell it as an album, and people got sick of buying that shit. And because they were so scummy, nobody felt bad about ripping them off. Only cents would go to the artist, fuck it, I'll buy a T-shirt.

Except it turns out that labels finance tours based on record sales, and tours sell merch and promote material. So the tours get smaller, festivals close.

Rock isn't dead, but it needs, like all music, a new distribution system. Streaming sucks a fucking dick, and it can't improve because there's no money in ads.
>>
Kiss is some pretty shit tier rock. Especially now who wants to see an old jew relive 40 years ago?

Isn't he a little too late to the anti-file sharing stance? Shouldn't he be bitching about not making enough money from streaming music services or is Kiss even on a music streaming service? They seem like part of that generation of elderly rock stars that hold out and block their music from being played on platforms invented in the past 10 years.
>>
>>65168599
Gene Simmons is an ignorant, greedy bastard. Did you know he owns the copyright to the moneybag symbol? I think that's highly appropriate.
>>
He'll be fine.
>>
File: 1461354127526.jpg (10 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1461354127526.jpg
10 KB, 600x337
>>65169876
Seconded.
>>
No. Rock died because of hyper-commercial fags like himself.
Or rather, it got permanently crippled, and the good shit is forever and ever relegated to the sidelines.
>>
It died cause its boring shit that is the same
>>
>>65174918
kek
>>
>>65174918
>>65174989
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/220201/steve-albini-file-sharing-is-the-greatest-thing-since-punk-rock/
>>
>all these dads defending KISS
o im laffin
>>
>>65169889
L I T E R A L L Y T H I S
>>
>>65168599
Nope, Rival Sons are pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0NUgabdMU
>>
>>65176690
>Rival Sons are pretty good.
Lying is bad anon.
>>
B-but what about Tame Impala?
>>
>>65168639
Bro hip hop is dead, has been dead for a while
>>
>>65176793
Tame Impala is barely rock
>>
>>65168724
Do you live in Niggerville?
>>
>rock
>dead
according to what rock originally was, it's been dead for 35+ years.
>what is elvis?
imho alt rock is the closest thing we have currently, pop rock is a sin.
>>
can't believe the singer of fucking Kiss has a opnion on anything, lmao fucking kike
>>
Metal killed rock
prove me wrong
>>
File: 1462836032718.jpg (16 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1462836032718.jpg
16 KB, 264x320
>>65168622
^
>>
Has Gene Simmons contributed anything positive to humanity? Goddamn what a complete fucking hack.
>>
>>65168599
He's pointing at us....
>>
>>65168599
Commercial rock is dead, yes. Major labels were the best venue in the 60s and 70s, then it was the independent labels in the 80s and 90s, and now it is the internet. The 00s represent the death of the independent label, and Joanna Newsom is the swan song.

But Gene is only half-right, and even that's only by accident.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.