[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of this movie? I absolutely adore it, yes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
what does /mu/ think of this movie? I absolutely adore it, yes it doesn't make much sense in terms of story telling and has bad pacing, but my god, it has such an ENERGY to it.

>inb4 /tv/
>inb4 ruined the songs
>>
Never saw it but I remember seeing the commercials on tv when it came out and wondering what the fuck I just watched.
>>
>>65166028
It ruined the songs.
>>
>>65166067
remaking something is not ruining the original
>>
>>65166105
This didn't remake the songs, it RUINED the songs, and that's why I'll NEVER see this film. I already heard the soundtrack, and, as a long time Beatles fan I was deeply offended at the other artists' so called "Interpretations". of the songs. Makes the 1978 film and soundtrack to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees, and George Burns tolerable, and that's saying something!
>>
It would have been one thing if the covers simply failed to live up, which would have happened anyway, but they made such a mockery of those songs that I'm suspicious they actively tried to ruin them.
>>
>>65166371
you're nuts. it's an inspiring, breath-taking mastery of film, coupled with a soundtrack full of epic and awe-inspiring reworks of legendary songs.

you probably don't listen to any band that came after 1993 either, do you?
>>
File: 1457019005585.jpg (29 KB, 555x421) Image search: [Google]
1457019005585.jpg
29 KB, 555x421
I wish I could go back to the weekend I saw it, waited until younher me walked out of the theater, then I would scream "ITLL ONLY GET WORSE, THEY'RE OUT TO CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE"

Hipsters pandering to hippie nostalgia, 1/10 fake and gay would not watch again if paid
>>
>>65166371
the beatles only knew around three chords and four subject matters, let's get real. they're great, but don't act like they were some transcendental epic gods of musical prowess.
>>
>>65166879
>awe-inspiring reworks of legendary songs
more like nausea inspiring
>>
>>65167382
some of them are actually better than the originals whoops sorrynotsorry
>>
>>65166028
I watched during my Beatle phase so I really liked it, and I still do, although some scenes feel too cheesy sometimes.
>>
>>65167025
lol. It must be hard being a nugget.
>>
>>65167464
the covers are the showiest most terrible mockeries of good songs i have ever heard. they are completely soulless and have been autotuned to death, how the fuck can you like them?
>>
>>65167562
same
>>
>>65167602
autotune?
>>
>>65167464
which ones
>>
File: Cover (19).jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover (19).jpg
28 KB, 500x500
i dunno i liked strawberry fields forever cover quite bit
>>
>>65167562
word, but the more i think about myself, the more i realize i fucking dig cheesy shit
>>
>>65167025
They wrote better melodies than everyone not named Brian Wilson in pop music so thats something
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.