[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think we can all agree with this http://edm.com/articles/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: edm.png (229 KB, 621x338) Image search: [Google]
edm.png
229 KB, 621x338
I think we can all agree with this

http://edm.com/articles/2015/3/14/5-albums-eps-changed-edm-forever
>>
>>65153307
>no Prodigy
Of course, its just some dumb cunt who has no idea what they are talking about. Modern edm would not exist without The Prodigy
>>
is that satire? not even rdj was mentioned or prodigy,or trip hop. Hell, Diplo would be more fitting than porter robinson or whoever the fuck
>>
The popularity of electronic music needs to die so normies can go back to listening to KORN
>>
>get into Deadmau5 since Get Scraped and see his progress as a genuinely talented producer from experimental / drill n bass to electro house
>love his early house / tech tracks
>see him blow up, so happy for his success
>something changes
>sense corruption within him, growing, transforming him
>he's no longer recognizable, only talking about Minecraft and his cat
>see him leading a horde of British teens on their first molly roll, playing dubstep
>sick to my stomach
I blame Skrillex as the mouthpiece of Satan, in this regard.
>>
>>65153307
>When dance music fans think of progressive house, deadmau5 is generally recognized as a “top five” act to know.
There is so much wrong with this sentence.
>>
>>65153790
he sure did change, i mean his technique got more refined but his style became sort of generic
>>
>Justice - Cross
I agree with this. Extremely innovative and considered one of the best EDM albums.
>Daft Punk - Discovery
Same with this one, although it should be above cross imo.
>deadmau5 - For Lack of a Better Name
lol what? No. deadmau5 has made some great music, but he has never innovated and his popularity relied heavily on the mau5head gimmick.
>Skrillex - Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites
As easy as skrillex is to hate, you can't deny his influence on EDM after it. Dubstep has kindof died out in the mainstream though, so in the long-term he didn't do much. He's even had to change to stay relevant.
>Porter Robinson - Worlds
No. Just no. It was a good album imo but it has contributed nothing and was pretty much forgotten about. How can you put an album that came out less than two years ago and has had no impact even in those two years on the same list as classics like Discovery? No.
>>
>>65153826
while skrillex had hype to him he was more right place right time than actually innovating, id say 12th planet and the like were probs more influential.
>>
>>65153790
You do realize that Joel despises the entire EDM scene, right?
>>
>>65153934
Don't forget Rusko
>>
>>65154485
Probably because he was sortof forced into it. He comes as bitter sometimes I think because he doesn't really have control over what he makes.
I remember him saying he was proud of While(1<2) and considered it his first real album. I think it was because he was actually doing what he enjoyed at the time rather than just being forced to pump out shallow EDM to stay relevant.
>>
>>65154713
People got mad that it was only "sad piano music". I think it's actually a pretty good album.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.