[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ What are your opinions about Indian music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Rahman.jpg (82 KB, 976x619) Image search: [Google]
Rahman.jpg
82 KB, 976x619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uBQsIpY-n0
>>
>>65153123
it's shit
>>
POO
>>
IN
>>
>>65153198

Please this is not /pol/
>>
>>65153222

Holy fuck you guys are really dumb. No fucking discussion or anything.
>>
way better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8
>>
The vast majority of it is filmi bullshit. There are great bits of classical, world music, metal, and some indie, but it's vastly outnumbered by filmi music. It's ridiculous how much of a stranglehold the FILM industry has on music there, and the shallow views on music that result from it.
>>
>>65153297

But most of the film music is there to create lpoetry in romance. There are way more emotions to express in situations than in a normal music video. For every emotion in a situation there is beautiful song. Thats not bad.
>>
File: 1463233080564.jpg (179 KB, 820x439) Image search: [Google]
1463233080564.jpg
179 KB, 820x439
>>65153123
There music is just like their streets
>>
>>65153295

This is a dumb meme song. Are you fucking serious mate. Indian music is vast as fuck. If this is the only thing you know about Indian music i feel bad for you. You want something more badass. Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKqrCTgouEk
>>
>>65153430
Its an entire world in itself devoid of all notions of western music dating back thousands of years. Are you fucking thick or what....?
>>
>>65153389
Nah, for every other scene of a movie, usually a filler scene existing for the song to be there, there's a generic formulaic radio pop song. I find it amazing how people like the ones here or wrong generation guys complain how their favorite music doesn't get enough exposure when this is far worse in India.
>>
>>65153474
Some are filler i agree. But there are thousands of movies and there is tremendous amount of music being produced. There will be some bad apples. But there are also great musicians with tremendous talent.
>>
>>65153512
Not some. A lot of bad apples. Filmi music is derivative as fuck. The best movies don't even waste their time with it (kinda funny though how a movie without any songs is considered daring.)

The best of Indian music doesn't come from movies. It comes from people who actually care about making good music.

Also makes me all the more mad that some of the more celebrated guys in the Filmi music industry are plagiarizers like Anu Malik back then and Pritam more recently.
>>
>>65153601
Bollywood is degenerate. What about south indian music. Harris jayraj, yuvan shankar raja, santhosh narayanan, devi sri prasad. All are talented as fuck and are turning out incredible number by the hundreds. And whats with this K-pop fad. That is degenerate. Its simply western music sung in korean, no authenticity at all.
>>
I hate indie
>>
>>65153683
you cheeky cunt
>>
>>65153673
Again, a lot of these guys are good, similar to AR Rahman. But like Rahman, they are better known for their "kinda cool at first glimpse but not all that good" filmi songs rather than their other world music scores that they have written which are genuinely fantastic.
>>
>>65153864
>kinda cool at first glimpse but not all that good

What..? They grow on you the more you listen. Roja and bombay are still fresh as fuck. BTW rahman is still killing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuQLAncvuE
>>
>>65153430
their music is bathrooms?
>>
>>65153959
Nah. Again, I haven't really mentioned it here but I grew up with this stuff (maybe you did too) but after years of hearing it, I can hear the generic filming music formula in every song now.
>>
>>65154201

Yup. The local music scene is practically non-existent. That doesn't mean the music in itself is bad though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.