[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I pleb for thinking this is his best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
Am I pleb for thinking this is his best album?
>>
Yes, its by far his least interesting album.
>>
Selected Ambient Works vol 1 is his best.
>>
>>65150527
>Parental Advisory sticker

lmaoing at you muricans
>>
>>65150527
>>65150697
that must be a joke image..
>>
>>65150527
Defo not his best
>>
>>65150697
me too, but there is a swear on the album so...
>>
File: 614RA9uUhCL._SL1398_ (1).jpg (84 KB, 1398x1398) Image search: [Google]
614RA9uUhCL._SL1398_ (1).jpg
84 KB, 1398x1398
Nah, it is one of his more interesting releases and has some of his best work on it (vordhosbn is my shit)

SAW 85-92 will always be better IMO.
>>
>>65151182
prefer druqks

xtal, tha and delphium are the only tracks I like on 85-92
>>
>>65151399
Quick question: what do you think of some of his other stuff?
>>
>>65151477
love the Hangable Auto Bulb and Richard D. James releases.
>>
>>65151811
HAB is a must have just for Every Day and Laughable Butane Bob. Good choices!
>>
>>65151399
>doesn't like Heliosphan, the greatest Aphex Twin track of all time
>>
>>65150527
This is my favorite as well anon. It's God damn amazing. Mt St Michael, cock ver 10, meltphase..
>>
>>65152708
The greatest Aphex Twin track of all time is either Stone in Focus, Flim, or Rhubarb. No debating.
>>
>>65150527
Yeah, it's one of his best. I'm more for The RDJ Album, but this is definitely great as well.
>>
>>65150697
>>65150927
>>65151083

It's no joke. Oldfig here; I bought the album when it was brand-spanking new, and I clearly remember the presence of the sticker, which I found odd for an electronic release. Sure enough, there's some fucks and cunts to go around.

I just checked my copy and the label is not embedded in the artwork, thankfully. There must have been a sticker on the plastic and I must have done a very good job of peeling it off at some point, because I know it was there. Fun fact: the album came out just a few weeks after 9/11, while we were all quite distracted. For me, it is the one piece of contemporaneous pop culture that I 1) cared about, and 2) remember consuming right at that historical period.

In unrelated blogpost news, I found the second ventolin EP in a shop the other day, something long missing from my collection. Was literally 3bux, and I LIKED it once I popped it in. (Now I have both Ventolin EPs!)
>>
File: 1438793311761.jpg (61 KB, 460x594) Image search: [Google]
1438793311761.jpg
61 KB, 460x594
>>65153825
>not Lichen
>not Xtal
>not Alberto Balsalm
>>
>>65150549
SAW vol 1 is THE single most overrated electronic album of all time. It's incredibly mediocre.
>>
>>65154271

It's the most influential electronic album, so it sounds quite dated now. I still like the minimal sound of it though. Xtal still stands the test of time.
>>
his greatest track just so happens to be finger bib thank you very much
>>
>>65150697
What's wrong with advising parents that the lyrical content is explicit?
>>
>>65154621

1) The sticker is a hideous interruption in any album art (it was designed for that very effect, of course)

2) It is an unpleasant yet quaint reminder of nanny statecraft, in the era of Tipper Gore and physical releases. It says how much time has passed, now that one of the original principal targets of the standard, Prince, is deceased.

3) Strictly speaking, of course you're right. Parents /should/ have means and tools to check on what the kiddies are up to. But put yourself back in the kid's shoes, this shouldn't be hard. When you're a middle class teenager, you don't care about what's good for society. You just want the dirty album, whatever it is this year.
>>
>>65154271
>incredibly mediocre

open your ears m8
>>
File: nwsom.jpg (87 KB, 766x614) Image search: [Google]
nwsom.jpg
87 KB, 766x614
>>
>>65154621
>lyrical content
This is Aphex Twin
>>
>>65154888
t. never listened to drukqs
>>
>>65154888

Confirmed for never having listened to the album, or more than a few RDJ tracks.

Although RDJ does favor instrumental tracks, he also regularly incorporates narrations, vocal samples, "skits", the odd lyrics, and chopped-up-beyond-recognition vocal bits into his tracks.
>>
>>65150527
No, but you have strange taste. The piano bits are some of his best stuff, but the drill n bass tracks are hard to enjoy I.M.O., with a few exceptions.
>>
>>65154552
>so it sounds quite dated now
I don't get why people spread this meme. No part of it sounds dated at all. I could easily picture that album being released this year and still sounding as good as it did then. If an album is good, then it will always be good.
>>
>>65153932
>buying CD's
you really are an oldfig
>>
>>65154552
>>65155048
>it sounds quite dated now
Imagine listening to it in 1992 when it came out. There was (almost literally) no other record that sounded like it back then.
>>
what's the instrument used in the opening track?
>>
No its a good album! the world just really wasn't ready for it when it came out. Everyone else on /mu/ is just too pitchfork to like it. its a great album
>>
>>65155502
prepared piano
>>
>>65154993
I listen to a lot of RDJ, I just made that reply quickly, didn't mean to sound like a complete pleb there sorry, forgot about milkman, beetles, come to daddy, etc.
>>
it's so good!! but yah not the best

avril 14 for best pop song of all time (maybe flim sorry)
>>
>>65151399
>doesn't like Ageispolis
>doesn't like Heliosphan
>doesn't like Actium
>>
Probably but it has some of my favorite tracks. Btoum-Roumada is maximum comfy
>>
I fuck with it. I personally enjoy Richard D James though. Bought that on wax a while back. Will never regret that purchase.
>>
Just the piano tracks alone make it an amazing record
>Kesson Dalef
>dat prepared piano on Jynweythek and Hy A Scullyas Lyf Adhagrow
>Strotha Tynhe
>Lornaderek followed by Qkthr always make me tear up ;_;
>Petiatil Cx Htdui
>Nanou2 and, of course, Avril 14th
And that's not even including Mt St Michel
truly a fantastic record
>>
>>65154262
This
>>
>>65155502
RDJ sampling (stealing) Cage's Sonatas
>>
You are actually patrician as fuck. It's by far his most impressive work. I've been listening to AFX for a decade so you just know I'm right! :)
>>
>>65154271
>what is historical context
>>
>>65150697
Didn't windowlicker have a parental guidance sticker?
>>
>>65150527
no, it's a contender for his best along with RDJ Album, SAWII, and Rushup Edge
no, SAW 85-92 is not a contender
>>
/mu/ doesn't like the first saw because they're plebs who can't into techno
>>
>>65160284
I like techno, I just think SAW 85-92 is kinda dated and pales in comparison to his other stuff. Still a good album though.
>>
>>65157415

>I fuck with it
>yah I got that on wax kid psh

Well aren't we just the hipster?

Although, I seem to remember that the track ordering from vinyl to CD are very different (although I don't recall that any content is missing from one to the other, just rearranged). I think I set my tracks to play vinyl-style once.
>>
>>65157302

NP, you have redeemed yourself with a polite reply and standard-issue AFX trax with lyrics. :^)
>>
>>65158665
neglectable?
>>
>>65153932
too many fucking words m8 fuck you
>>
>>65154594
the only correct answer
>>
>>65160254
Just listened to Rushup Edge a few days ago. Was really, really impressed with it, especially considering how lukewarm I was to Confederation Trough.
>>
>>65162025

>three-paragraph reflection due in one week
>fuck everything just end my life
>>
>>65162173
confederation trough is great too though m80
>>
Rhubarb and Lichen are my favs desu

saw II is amazing
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.